Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEAR YOUR RIDING GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WEAR YOUR RIDING GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi to all . I went for a ride around perth and the burbs yesterday and i noticed that alot of people riding bikes WEARNT wearing alot of gear . Now none of us intends to crash but shit does happen . Do yourselves a favour people when u go out on your bikes WEAR YOUR RIDING GEAR!!!!!!!! that way if the worse should happen your not gunna come off really second best.

whats your point :roll:

Comment

i like having skin 8)

Comment

thanks for the reminder but try saying that in a few weeks when the weather soars to the high 30's to mid 40 c .

But then again I don't like the thought of hitting that tarmac and laying on the hot road.
        ELITE MOTORCYCLE AND DRIVER TRAINING
        FOR BOOKINGS CALL 0402 127 909 OR WWW.ELITEMCT.COM.AU

Comment

no gear = tomato on a cheese grater

= bad j00j00

(\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(")

Comment

Despite the heat yesterday and the fact I was riding round most of the day I managed to keep gear all on even though I wanted to throw the jacket. Quite often at uni I see guys riding round on bikes in shorts singlet and sandles. I just get the image of body grating on hot tarmac and that has thus far encouraged me to keep it on. Just have to remember to drinks lotsa water.

Comment

At 40 km/hr this guy slid off the back of a mates bike (broken foot peg) as he took off. Was wearing a t-shirt. In this pic I had just spend 1/2 hr wetting the sterile sheet (white bit behind him) off his open flesh with sterile water. The whiter bit up the top is pretty deep, needed a graft, took that from the top of his other thigh. He also ended up with several fractures and external fixation (a cage around his leg), but that was just smash damage - not from not enough gear beyond doubt.

He had more pain from his back and it complicated his recovery as his potential for infection increased due to the amount of open skin. Infections and bone surgery do not mix well. He also lost a lot of fluid continually through seepage from his back. And this is not even a bad injury, I just had it handy.

Its your right to wear what you want, but its my right to use a long brushed scrubber to get the road surface and dog shit out of your wounds and pump you full of needles and antibiotics for weeks while you complain about that.

Its not like we don't have options in these days of kevlar/armour/draggins etc. Go for your life & risk yourself, but you should advise pillions and newbies of the risks.

nuff said?
              222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

thanx for the " "
                so what should we do in the midle of summer?? :roll:
                i still wear my jacket but i already started to feel the heat
                any recomndation for summer gears??
                we never sleep
                24 hours a day
                7 days a week

Comment

thanks for the reminder but try saying that in a few weeks when the weather soars to the high 30's to mid 40 c
                  even in that weather, my leathers still go on....
                  "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he's back in town and wants your number"

Comment

Spidi mesh jackets.

Breezy like wearing a t-shirt. With removeable armour. 8)

Keep you skin on for only $299
                    sigpic

Comment

\"]
                      thanks for the reminder but try saying that in a few weeks when the weather soars to the high 30's to mid 40 c
                      even in that weather, my leathers still go on....
                      I second that. I'd rather be uncomfortable with the heat than suffer road rash.
                      ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

Its your right to wear what you want,
                        spot on and agree with everything else u had to say. Just don't like been told what to do.

Comment

Where can you get these Spidi jackets???

Comment

This is a free country. You should do whatever the hell you feel like.

Whether it be to wear your gear or not, its YOUR choice. Im sick of people saying "Oh they are bad because they dont wear the right gear".

I say they are GOOD for exercising their right to do WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT.

[/end rant]
                            If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Where can you get these Spidi jackets???
                              Got it this time last year from the Helmet House in Vic Park
                              (I hear they have changed hands now.)

The grey stuff is mesh, the blue stuff is the cordura (or something like that.)

Pretty much the same as DriMesh from DriRider.
                              Most of the bike shops should have either one or something similar.

My GF grabbed a jacket and helmet from Chookie (#151) at Causeway Honda the other week and I think I saw something like them then.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X