Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WEAR YOUR RIDING GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I was going for a country ride.....or the likes, then I'd stick with the leather for the additional protection.

But they are great for riding around perth in the middle of summer.
    sigpic

Comment

In summer I wear light draggins with the usual kevlar reinforced patches at crash points, Rjays summer jacket with mesh & armour & Rjays mesh gloves with carbon fibre/fibreglass knuckles, tinted visor & sunscreen, usual boots with light socks & I drink more. (and wear less underneath )

Any bike shop can give you about 6 brand choices for summer jackets. There are more around each year, prices from $150-1000.

Im not gonna let a little thing like the weather interfere in my life! If I want to ride, Im riding! Come on, we can split the atom Im sure we can come up with a way to protect our skin on hot days & look good.

I must admit I have been guilty on the odd occasion of short flogs wearing shorts/t-shirts but the issue there for practicality for a girl is it all flying up in the back and front. Apart from exposing more of the skin to road rash it caused problems with other motorists concerntration & field of vision!! So for safety and modesty sake I ride MuslimStyle!
      222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Cheers, I'll check 'em out when it gets too hot for the leather

Comment

at least a jacket for me regardless of the temp, im alergic to bees
          dam those little bugs :evil:
          modchips, upgrades, xbox, ps2 pro install, life time warranty

Comment

Rebecca is really really right, Infections and Bone surgery DO NOT mix. Bone is one of the only organs in the body with no antigen presenting immune system, getting a simple golden staph infection into the bone is quite rare, but unfortunately can be very fatal. Be good to your body, i wear jacket all the time even in 40 degree heat, mainly because i am pretty damn white and when i sit there at the stop lights feeling the sun heat up my jacket i am thanking god its not my skin frying and giving me skin cancer.

Comment

Funny this subject came up.......
              Yesterday was only the 2nd time i have been on my bike without my jacket and guess what happened.....

But lucky i managed to slow down enough and not get mashed into the ground, small comando roll, and then the long walk of shame :oops: :oops:

Jacket is going on all the time now, might invest in one of those summer jackets! You know the mesh that is see through like fish net style..... very sxc! 8)

Comment

wear your gear

Hey to all. Im not trying to tell anyone what to do!!!!!!!! just trying to remind all u lot that gravel rash hurts . A few years ago i was riding in NSW up the putty road with a few mates . One of guys who wasnt wearing his jacket came off and took alot of skin off his back . When the ambos turned up they had to scub his back with a brush and aniceptic to get the gravel out . I still remember him screaming . That is all the motivation i need to wear my jacket and the rest of the gear.

Comment

Good posts Rebecca, thanks
                  I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

This is a free country. You should do whatever the hell you feel like.

Whether it be to wear your gear or not, its YOUR choice. Im sick of people saying \"Oh they are bad because they dont wear the right gear\".

I say they are GOOD for exercising their right to do WHATEVER THE FUCK THEY WANT.

[/end rant]
                    What he sed!

'cept if you just ride in a t-shirt... don't wear gloves... You get really wierd tanlines... Learnt last summer
                    HONDA! F#@ YER!

Comment

I just feel nekkid without my leather jacket and gloves on. Barely ever ride without the bike boots or draggin's either. Oh, and that helmet thingo as well :roll: Must get my leather pants mended...

I don't tan well anyhow. It's a package deal, red hair, green eyes, no skin pigment

Can't argue with the fact that you should wear whatever you damn well please though.

Comment

Ditto for me unfortunately. Yet they still somehow manage to find my neck even with the leather jacket on.
                        Got stung 4 times last summer god damn it. Its almost like they know Im allergic to them.

Comment

i dont see how i wont be not wearing my leather jacket, specialy since i look so dam good in it

Comment

Ditto for me unfortunately. Yet they still somehow manage to find my neck even with the leather jacket on.
                            Got stung 4 times last summer god damn it. Its almost like they know Im allergic to them.
                            it like cats man. cats always go to ppls who are allergic to or hate cats....

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

it like cats man. cats always go to ppls who are allergic to or hate cats....
                              There is a good reason for that -
                              Narrowed slit eyes (an "evil look" for humans) is actually a friendly hello for cats. Therefore - when you subconsciouly give a cat the evil eye and say piss off, the car hears - hello friend!.... come join me

Thats why a cat will often pick out a "subtle" cat hater in a group and rub up against them. Thowing stuff at them however is body language they will read more clearly. (PS - not condoning those actions, I like cats.)

Comment

*Pulls out the cat-hate Moderate stick*

Nothing to see here...move along.

Comment

Working...
                                X