Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good ride for me and my sister

Hi there,
    I have got my Sister coming from Victoria for two weeks, I am keen to take her on a ride for a couple of days to show her some of the sights of the state. Having only been here for a year my self I am not too sure where is best to go at this time of the year. I will be leaving from Rockingham. Any suggestion would be appreicated.

Been to the south-west?

Maybe head to albany via the coast, through to esperance and back?
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

It's going to be warm wherever you go, and things are going to look pretty brown.

Consider:
      Down to Mandurah, across to Pinjarra, down Southwest Highway to Bunbury. A little longer ride but more to see. From there to Donnybrook, back across to Capel and Busselton, do the jetty thing. From there to Dunsborough and on through Margaret River before heading out to Prevelly and from there down the Caves Road to Augusta.

Cross to Pemberton the next day, then work your way home via all the 'up' towns back to Bunbury, then a speed limit blat back home on the coast road.

Most of the time you're reasonably close to a dam or beach on the first day, rivers on the second day (but hey - you're on your way home anyway).

:edit: thanks for thinking of me, Desmo.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

heh newgirl, how about down to Bunbury, then over to Dardanup, Donnybrook, lots of nice towns, should be a couple of BnB's or hotels that you could crash in if you go for a couple of days.

Get yourself a decent map of the South West, so that you can tell what roads are bitumen, have fun

Comment

Ummm..I live in Rockingham...

A tour of my spa would be good..

But really..go south..umm..err..

I mean ride down south and see the forests/ coastal areas..

Maybe stay overnight at a winery, or have a winery tour..

Comment

How many K's a day are you comfortable doing?
            You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Road between albany and esperance is pretty damn good, only problem is it's quite soem distance to get there :|
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                Ummm..I live in Rockingham...

A tour of my spa would be good..

But really..go south..umm..err..

I mean ride down south and see the forests/ coastal areas..

Maybe stay overnight at a winery, or have a winery tour..
                Hello Rich, thanks for the offer of the spa, it would be good on these hot days. Are there any wineries you could recomend for us.

Comment

Umm..I could stock my pantry..

Hmmm..asking a Bundy drinker about wineries..

Theres heaps of wineries down there, I'm sure one of the few cultured people on PSB may be able to help you..

Comment

If any one can suggest some good wineries and beaches that would be great.

Comment

Sights to see;
                      Bunbury Dolphin Discovery Centre (means going to Bunno, though )
                      Busselton Jetty (longest wooden jetty in Australia)
                      Dunborough for beaches and Shag Rock (non-official, just what we used to swim out to and jump off)
                      Numerous wineries
                      Caves
                      Pemberton and the Gloucester Tree
                      Valley of the Giants

How far do you want to go, and how long/short (one day, 4 day trip?)

Albany, Esperance, Augusta, Bridgetown, Nannup, etc.
                      2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                      In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                      Amen, brother. Amen.
                      My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

beaches: Hamelin Bay, Eagle Bay, plenty others.

wineries: meh, the competition's so fierce down there you should do okay no matter where you go. Just be careful your pillion doesn't fall off. Or take some rope. Or take Rich.
                        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Wineries;
                          Woody Nook (gotta try their Nookie Delight)
                          Capel Vale (used to be a local :o)
                          Rokewood
                          Amberley
                          Evans and Tate
                          Vasse Felix
                          And on and on.
                          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                          In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                          Amen, brother. Amen.
                          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                            Sights to see;
                            Bunbury Dolphin Discovery Centre (means going to Bunno, though )
                            Busselton Jetty (longest wooden jetty in Australia)
                            Dunborough for beaches and Shag Rock (non-official, just what we used to swim out to and jump off)
                            Numerous wineries
                            Caves
                            Pemberton and the Gloucester Tree
                            Valley of the Giants

How far do you want to go, and how long/short (one day, 4 day trip?)

Albany, Esperance, Augusta, Bridgetown, Nannup, etc.
                            Thanks Hornet,
                            I was going to go for three nights but I want some relaxing time so I think what you suggested might be good. Do Bunbury on the way down and stay in Dunsbourgh. then some day trips to Beaches and Wineries. Would it be possible to go to the Tree top walk and back in a day?

Comment

From Dunsborough to the Treetop walk is do-able, but it'll be a full day on the bike.

Comment

Working...
                              X