Anti-Christ? Here's the Anti-Dorro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Christ? Here's the Anti-Dorro

I can't believe I missed this (and apologies if it's a repost) .....

Call to scrap Northern Territory speed limits | PerthNow

NT drops its speed limit, road toll goes up so someone in politics has the balls to come out and say that reducing the speed limit did nothing so put it back ya mongrels! We could do with a few like that here to kill Dorro's speed reduction campaign before it gets taken seriously.

SENSE - Is speed killing us?
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

isnt dorro just a "spokesperson" for the road safety council? this would mean he has stuff all to actually do with the councils decisions. i think the person we should be calling to resign is ian cameron? correct me if im wrong.

Comment

Grant Dorrington is the Independent Chairman of Western Australia's Road Safety Council.

Comment

How the fuck can dorro be called an independant chairman when he doesnt have a fooking clue about bikes and hates them
          A site all parents should check regulary
          http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukiphile View Post
            isnt dorro just a "spokesperson" for the road safety council? this would mean he has stuff all to actually do with the councils decisions. i think the person we should be calling to resign is ian cameron? correct me if im wrong.

correct

after a fairly long chat with a former transport minister on thursday we yet again got on the subject of road safety & deaths on the roads

as he said to me dorro is just a mouthpeice for them (or a glove puppet) whichever way you look at it...

dorro just does what he is told to do & being the "chair of the rsc" is just a sideline gig to his job with the wafl
            the rsc is no longer governed by planning & infastructure & he is now told what to say by kobelke & his band of merry men

HH

Comment

Ms Miller said data suggested that drink drivers and people failing to wear seat belts were the main reason for road fatalities - and not speed.

"Making such a far-reaching change to the character of the Territory on a hunch was reckless policy making."

Reckless policy making... hmm... who does that sound like... Can't remember his name... he said we should up the fines and demerits even more, and is anti-motorbike when it's a well known fact cars kill more people than bikes do... someone help me, I need a memory jog here...

See also:
              Effects Of Raising And Lowering Speed limits

Backs his findings to raise the speed limits.
              Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Wow, we need a politician (or 20) like Fay Miller here. Actually acknowledging that lowering speed limits and using demerit points doesn't make the roads any safer - just lines some people's pockets better.

According to thro's link, doing 10 under is every bit as dangerous as doing about 30 over. As I've said before, it's not the speed itself that's dangerous. Doing saying 140 can be perfectly safe. It becomes dangerous only when everyone else is driving much slower than you and you encounter other road users doing the 90-110 variance that happens in 110 zones.

I like this quote: "BC police accident reports have only one speed category: Unsafe Speed. The resulting statistics do not differentiate between crashes at 160 km/h and those at 55 km/h on black ice in a zone posted 80 km/h -- two very different types of crashes."

Comment

^^^ exactly.

This is why i do up to 130-140 on roe (in traffic).

Most of the cages sit on 120-130 (must be close to big pineapple territory) and i generally do 10 or so faster than traffic to maintain visibility....

If there's no cars near me i'm happy to sit near the limit...

Dorro said we need to be responsible for our own safety... so I'm taking that on board and acting on it
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Indeed. On country runs I've found myself on private race tracks in which the ZZR redlined itself in top gear (up hill, mind)... Yet the majority of traffic was still going fast enough that overtaking would have been difficult, assuming we'd been doing such a thing on the road. No puppies died, either.

I don't like riding alone next to traffic, mind. If I'm with someone else, we have a greater road presence/span of visibility. If it's just me, I try to sit far enough ahead of the car behind me so that I can see them in my mirrors, or far enough behind so that they can see me in theirs (hoping they look).

Comment

Lol..... The Northern Territory with one highway running top to bottom.
                      Im surprised, according to the ORS and WA government I should really be dead.

Cruising at 140 Km/h and having a 3-trailer road train full of cattle overtake our car was an interesting experience. But we are still alive and the cattle got to Darwin that much faster.

Also, FUCK having a 110 or even a 100 limit there, I would crash due to Boredom.

majority of crashes are due to tourists and pedestrians and ALSO.. Drunk Aboriginals wandering onto the highway and confronting a fully laden semi trailer. Also don't forget there are little to no fences guarding property and cattle from wandering on the track. On any drive from Katherine to Darwin we would come across at least 1 dead Buffalo on the side of the road - that is a BIG roadkill.

OOh and you can do Katherine (Tindal) to Darwin in approx 15 mins in an FA-18. Just for random knowlede you know. He must have died twice according to the ORS.

Lol way off topic but you know... this is PSB

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukiphile View Post
                        YES

Thank God someone else can see it.

Comment

Originally posted by MuNches View Post
                          Lol..... The Northern Territory with one highway running top to bottom.
                          Im surprised, according to the ORS and WA government I should really be dead.
                          You never know... Notice any changes lately?

The clincher is when he goes outside and sees the local speed limits are 60 minus 20. Oh, wait...

Comment

Office of Road Safety - Council Profile
                            Riding - Living the dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Hondahoon View Post
                              correct

after a fairly long chat with a former transport minister on thursday we yet again got on the subject of road safety & deaths on the roads

as he said to me dorro is just a mouthpeice for them (or a glove puppet) whichever way you look at it...

dorro just does what he is told to do & being the "chair of the rsc" is just a sideline gig to his job with the wafl
                              the rsc is no longer governed by planning & infastructure & he is now told what to say by kobelke & his band of merry men

HH
                              Double Correct
                              Dorro himself at the PRS / MRA meeting he is but a mouth piece, he admitted he had no knowledge of current trends, statistics or experience at anything other than driving a car... he knew about AFL though...

Iain Cameron seemed to like to lecture people, this became apparent when he mentioned 5000 times he used to be a teacher, he also was not interested in the statistics, trend charts, graphs and risk assessments I have produced... even though they were from statistics provided by the ORS

SPEED THATS THE KILLER and the limits WILL come down

now sit down everyone, drink your milk and lets do our ABC's
                              Real Men Ride Nakid
                              http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X