A day of great achievement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A day of great achievement!

Well......as some of you know I have been a tad concerned about the fact that I hadn't yet got my bike on its centre stand. Cos there aint no other way that I'm gunna lube my chain I was determined today to achieve.......and I did!

With my daughter standing opp me (so the bike had something soft to land on) I balanced the bike with centre stand to the ground, foot poised , right hand on bracket under seat left hand on handle.......rocked her back once - hmm not quite enuf but could still feel her wanted to swing back so kept with it and rocked her a second time - success! OMG how easy was that - and child cussioning was not needed - much to her reilef !

So ...
    1st achievement of the day - bike on centre stand
    2nd achievement of the day - lube chain for the first time (naughty Noo)
    3rd achievement of the day - adj chain tension (under fathers supervision)
    4th achievement of the day - add a little bling - new grips (necessary cos of old age and a bad wrist)!

And for those who have and haven't had the pleasure of seeing my first addition to my bike (tank pad) I found a little something extra on there the other day and thought I would share (see pic)

Time for some beam !
    Attached Files

Congrats! I miss having a centrestand

Next step, throw it over on some grass (soft landing again) and learn to pick the bloody thing up.

Like the bling, nikynoo!

I used to use the big bouncy foam jobs, haven't changed over the new ride yet but yours look like a nice compromise between squishy and firm. And they look hot.

Can I come and have a squeeze sometime?

Oh, nice handle grips too.

"Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Haha congrats

As to centre stands... pfft. Dead weight

Oh and the circled bit is the head of a pitchfork.

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

totally agree ... trying to get it up for the first time is kinda scary, but its easy after that

Comment

go nikkinoo

+1 for learning how to pick a dropped bike up .

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
            Congrats! I miss having a centrestand

Next step, throw it over on some grass (soft landing again) and learn to pick the bloody thing up.
            Already passed this lesson - but silly me used the driveway not the grass !

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
            Like the bling, nikynoo!

I used to use the big bouncy foam jobs, haven't changed over the new ride yet but yours look like a nice compromise between squishy and firm. And they look hot.
            Can I come and have a squeeze sometime?
            Oh, nice handle grips too.

I had foam ones on the ZZR but these grips are way fatter! More of what I'm used to Captain S! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
              As to centre stands... pfft. Dead weight
              ZZR was so easy - this was just me being a little afraid of the unknown and extra weight - but hey its all technique and in hindsight I should've just gotten in and done it straight away without even thinking !

Comment

Originally posted by NikyNoo View Post
                I had foam ones but these are way fatter! More of what I'm used to Captain S!

Now you HAVE to change your signature, you've well and truly outgrown AA and AAA.

Move on to C or D cells.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I read that as the comments were more of what she was used to
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

/golf clap

now get back in teh kitchen!

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

Originally posted by FireStorm View Post
                      /golf clap

now get back in teh kitchen!
                      Yeah - maybe NOT!

I belong here just as much as you so don't push my buttons!

Comment

Much easier to put a bike up on the centrestand if you've got an empty tank - otherwise you're lugging around an extra 15L of fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by NikyNoo View Post
                          don't push my buttons!
                          :o OMG

:fap:

Let's see you spin the bike around on the sidestand now, smartypants!

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
                            :o OMG

:fap:

Let's see you spin the bike around on the sidestand now, smartypants!
                            I saw someone do that the other day and they told me it's not a good habbit to get into !

Looks friggin awesome tho! Bike just spinning around!

Comment

Pfft.

I spin my bike all the time, hasn't broken yet.

And if it does... well... then.... i'll....... just cry in the corner

Comment

Working...
                              X