2 bikes stopped by the po-po Thomas Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 bikes stopped by the po-po Thomas Road

Was riding on Thomas Road this morning coming up to the Byford turnoff when i was confronted with a police car parked sideways in front of a ZX12 and a Busa. The riders didnt look happy.

Hope it wasnt anyone from here, and that they still have their bikes tonight.

I believe the busa is sleeping in lock up for the next 2 nights.
    Im not sure who it was though.. hope they packed themselves an appropriate amount of lubrication.

Comment

I'm sure the cops were lonely and just wanted a chat. Surely two bikes like that, together, were doing nothing more than having a lazy Sunday ride.

Yeah, I'd say they're in strife.

Edit: Ah, bugger. Another one with an interesting start to the year.

Comment

Last day of the chirstmas blitz is a day to play it safe. Tomorrow when they are out of overtime budget on holidays etc etc will be much quieter.
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Because of course thomas rd is one of the most dangerous roads in WA :|
          “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

that's 3 I know of now.....a little 48 hour holiday .....

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Boy View Post
              I believe the busa is sleeping in lock up for the next 2 nights.
              Im not sure who it was though.. hope they packed themselves an appropriate amount of lubrication.
              The Busa was a light colour, possibly Silver. The ZX12 was dark.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                Does it still have that fucking permanent 60 zone that rarely seems to have people working on it, in spite of the fact that the entire road surface is sealed and visibility is good?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryven View Post
                  Does it still have that fucking permanent 60 zone that rarely seems to have people working on it, in spite of the fact that the entire road surface is sealed and visibility is good?
                  OOPS, was there a 60 zone

Comment

mmm, the guy was on his way to the meet point for a ride. pisser of a way to start, we had 2 offs later also... 1 small one & 1 lucky to be walking away.

not good.

Comment

Originally posted by wellsy View Post
                      mmm, the guy was on his way to the meet point for a ride. pisser of a way to start, we had 2 offs later also... 1 small one & 1 lucky to be walking away.

not good.
                      I'm sorry to hear it. I hope both riders don't have too much more than bruised egos and repair bills.

Comment

bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          If this is thomas road, kwinana..

I have been to 3 fatal accidents on that stretch of road...

There was one of our own killed on the western side in '07 when they hit the guard rail.. the bike ended up in the tree ( anyone remember ? )

And there's been a couple down near the lights as you turn into kwinana..

Yeah, while it appears a reasonably safe road.. I wouldn't risk it..imo..
                          Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

Comment

Fatalities on that road would appear to be fatigue and/or lack of street lighting - in my opinion.

Not exactly technical, but not exactly interesting either, and would be at the arse end of a long (30-45min) journey back from civilisation.

Comment

it's the lights at gilmore road / thomas which are a worry people trying to get through the lights when they are already red. and also the orelia ave and thomas road intersections. lots of people speed down there as well.
                              :awesome:

Comment

Working...
                              X