Hayabusa k8 side stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hayabusa k8 side stand

The only complaint i have about the new busa is that the side stand doesnt seem to have a flat enough area on the base and that it really only sits at tad past 90 degrees.
    If you put the stand down when even moving forward the smallest amount or if you dont make sure it is all the way forward and on perfectly even ground it has a tendency to want to go back up.

Did it this morning and almost damaged my new bike.

Is there aftermarket side stand and did the old busas have the same sort of stand if so was there a remedy
    LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
    LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
    shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Yer the old busa'a had the same problem, is a pretty easy fix with a grinding disc, up where the sidestand is near the frame there is a 'stop' point, simply grind
    some metal off the stand at the 'stop' and it will make the stand rest further out , bike will lean a little more but be less prone to 'rolling' off the stand.

Heres a link with some photos fer you : HERE

Comment

Umm local welder bit of plate angle grinder. Actually buy your description somethings up with yours. Incorrect assembly or something surely someone at the factory noticed the base plate doesn't line up with the ground.
      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

As Irish mentioned, the stands on the older ones are pretty tall and tend to kick up. Do the mod (which allows the stand to rock further FORWARD, making it less likely to kick) first, then look at other options.

gluck
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Demon View Post
          If you put the stand down when even moving forward the smallest amount or if you dont make sure it is all the way forward and on perfectly even ground it has a tendency to want to go back up.

Did it this morning and almost damaged my new bike.
          Funny you should say that......... might be a common fuck up here across the board of new models!
          My K8 1000 did the same thing to me at the end of Berry Rd.
          Pulled up on the same patch of road that I stopped on literally hundreds of times on my K4 & K5, put the stand down, stood off, and as I reached for my helmet strap I saw the bike start to fall out of the corner of my eye! :o

Now being that it only had about 120k's on the clock..... I did what any sane person would do and 'Dived' underneath the fucking thing, and to my amazement managed to snap the clutch lever end off and put a tiny mark in the bar end.... and not put a mark on it anywhere on the fairings or mirror!

I managed to get the back back up from on top of me (nearly popped a nugget out in the process) and put the stand down 'fully' and the fucking thing nearly went ass up again!

Now I have never dropped a road bike period (on the road or stationary) in over 100,000ks so I went to my local Suzi dealer for a new clutch lever and said to the guys WTF?
          They looked at each other and said it was the 3rd one they have heard about doing it!
          So I said "Right Tee O this is a job for Warren!"
          Warren who they replied?
          "Warren fucking Tee" I told em!

They said they would call Suzi Oz and see about it..... in the mean time I bought an aftermarket lever and am waiting on an answer on the lever and perhaps side stand upgrade!

Any other K8 owners on here (Busa or 1000's) had any drama's?

Cheers

Mick
          I want to leave this world the same way I entered it, screaming and covered in blood.

Comment

as irish and starfish have said

its one of the must do/cheapest/highest return mods you can do to your Busa

Commonly known as the "Sidestand Mod"

Dubs

Comment

(nearly popped a nugget out in the process)
              LOL

Thanks for the advise i'll attack it today
              LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
              LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
              shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Comment

Working...
              X