Security anchors - any ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security anchors - any ideas

I am going to install a couple of security anchors in the floor of my carport to make doulbley sure my bike is secure. After searching all I could find was the Kryptonite 'stronghold' security anchor at around $140.
    Anyone else have a recommendation?
    Young enough to be a hoon, old enough to know better.

Big fuck-off U-bolt (inch thick steel bolt, legs at least 20cm long etc) with a good size flat plate across the ends, plate peppered with 12mm holes, sunk in at least 1 bag's worth of quickset.

If they're determined, though, and turn up with an oxy set then you're fucked no matter what you use.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

That bolt down point from kryptonite is good gear.

With the Dyna Bolts used to secure it, damage the threads after the nuts go on, so they cant be undone. Unless its the type that hides the bolt heads.

If you go padlock, someone on here might recommend which are the best ones these days.

All this work your doing will only slow down an amateur.
      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

the best bit about the Kryptonite anchors is that the little tab folds down when not in use so that it sits much flatter on the floor.

Comment

A longish U bolt (stainless) . Drill into concrete with masonry bit and then use some of that 2 part epoxy. I used the stuff on my patio and it is not going anywhere. Not sure if you can buy it in small quantities as the on I used was in a silastic style canister with a special nozzle to mix the glue evenly.

Comment

Im with reddog on this one, when I had hookups with hilti gear it took me 30sec with a masonary drill and some hilti ht020? super glue shit... that fucker wasnt going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by reddog View Post
              A longish U bolt (stainless) . Drill into concrete with masonry bit and then use some of that 2 part epoxy.
              http://www.ramset.com.au/fileupload/...haminstall.pdf

This stuff is good.

Comment

Shit, i have to do the same thing in my garage.

Might check out the Kryptonite setup cause I'm lazy.

Where's that Ebay tab!!!

Right, found one going for $60 AUD at moment.

Comment

I use a tow point off a Landcrusier, it's a big thick D with a flat plate with 12mm holes already in it, this is dyna bolted to the concrete floor, then the bolt heads welded up. Got one of those big-ass kyrptonite chains with the square edges on it too.

This is actually for my 4 wheeler, but will be doing the same for my bike.

Comment

Most bike shops have a few anchor kits which include Hi tensile chains and locks .... I just got 2 of the bases and an 2x h/t chains with alarmed locks.

Cost about $200 for one anchor and alrmed chain, they have 4 X 16mm Dia dyna bolts with ball bearings that hammer into the allen keyed heads after you have bolted them down.

Try Savage Suzuki in Midland.

G....

Originally posted by Christo View Post
                    I am going to install a couple of security anchors in the floor of my carport to make doulbley sure my bike is secure. After searching all I could find was the Kryptonite 'stronghold' security anchor at around $140.
                    Anyone else have a recommendation?
                    http://www.motorsportpics.net

Comment

truth be told, as someone has already said these are really just another deterrent because if they really want your bike they will get it. Chaining the bike to virtually anything is better than nothing, ie a solid table, shelving, car, anything really that will make your bike really annoying to pinch.

Comment

Lounge room garage FTW !

Comment

20mm stainless bar, bent into u then welded to much anchorage scrap and sunk under concrete then poured 50 mm pad ontop. welcome to the new bike shed.
                          Remember....Your only young once.....

But you can be immature for as long as you bloody well like!

Comment

Speaking of security

Tomorrow Im going shopping for a really thick ass chain and good padlock to lock my bike and recommendations of places that sell such things?

I also need some heavy duty ground hooks, that Im going to drill into concrete at home to use as hooks for chaining the bike at home to the ground...

Thanks
                            HI M8S NOT HERE FOR SEX JUST CHAT AND STUFF!

Comment

All the chain/cable will do is slow them down.

Consider a cable instead of the chain - they take forever to cut through.

Try a bike shop (Totals in East Vic Park) for the cable. Hooks? Coventrys Fasteners maybe, or you may even get lucky at Bunnings...
                              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Working...
                              X