Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TZR250 Help Please! (and Some Interesting Stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TZR250 Help Please! (and Some Interesting Stuff)

I looked high and wide on the internet for parts for this TZR250 I have a aquired, (the 1986 2ma version).

There is a kit called an F3 kit which signifigantly boosts horsepower. It is also possible to find clip ons (it has ZZR250 style high bars on it stock) and a single seat rear seat unit (it has like a zzr250 two in one seat unit currently) for racing.

I found this place called padgets, they have the F3 kit, still in boxes, stored since 1988!!

This is the email they sent me, the total price in AUD is $8840!!

[quote]The seat I am struggling with at the moment. I still have to have a good look upstairs to see if I can find one!Price wise, the front cowling will be £120 and the clip on’s will be around £100.I already have an original copy of the kit manual from Yamaha as we have all the mechanical ‘kit’ parts still boxed.Prices for those are:Exhaust pipes (complete with silencers, flanges etc) £600.00 ($1500) Pistons (single ring) £63.00 each Piston Ring £16.00 each Carb kit (for both carbs, includes most internals) £178.00 Ignition kit (inc. backing plate, rotor, harness etc) £695.00 Taco £99.00 Powervalve box £280.00 Radiator (bigger) £395.00 Close ratio gearbox £695.00 Clutch springs £2.84 each Crank (requires ignition kit) £495.00
    [quote]

So, clearly, I can't afford it! I am going to order the clips ons and clamps,
    But i do still need new exhausts and expansions chambers, and someone to manufacture some plastics and a rear seat unit for me.

Can anyone help me source them?
    The Twitter

R6 rear units can be made to fit.

Comment

Ring ric @ motomax he's the expert on tz/tzr's 9258 8299. That seems bloody steep

Comment

steep?

mate, kit parts are not cheap. I'll also bet that most of the parts, i.e., new fairing panels, would be unobtainium for the most part - just what's left on the shelves. Padgetts are renowned for having old gear lying around... same with robinsonsfoundry.

Comment

Yeah I didnt think its that steep, i understand the reason for the pricing, supply demand etc, I just cant afford it.

Re the panels, there are no panels included in the $8840 above, its all engine parts.
          The Twitter

Comment

hey shane, got any examples?
            The Twitter

Comment

Will have a scour, it was a real easy conversion from memory just had to trim the sub frame a little.

Comment

Older R6 bits can definately fit.

Sorry, thinking in terms of my bike for steep. Never looked to see how much 2MA bits are, just know I can get my 3XV to 90HP for 3k.

Comment

I have an older model R6 race ducktail section which is good. You can have it once i can get back in my shed......
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
                    I have an older model R6 race ducktail section which is good. You can have it once i can get back in my shed......
                    Can't argue with that kind of generosity

Comment

Originally posted by speed3 View Post
                      just know I can get my 3XV to 90HP for 3k.
                      LOL

Comment

TZ engine bolts straight in and I can get a good condition one for that much.

Might take arwon a while to get to his shed, last I remember there was a small jungle in the way.
                        P.S. Arwon what bike stuff don't you have.

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
                          seriously?! cheers dude!!!
                          The Twitter

Comment

you on here?

TZR

says that they supply 2MA bits
                            Welcome to 2Stroke.ca

Comment

Originally posted by speed3 View Post
                              you on here?

TZR

says that they supply 2MA bits
                              Welcome to 2Stroke.ca
                              yeah im on there, cant post though. mod hasnt approved me yet.

will email the other guys now.
                              The Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X