Buying tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying tyres

Just curious for the average cost, and well priced dealers?

For instance my first quote for Pirelli Diablos was $494, and Michelin Pilot Road 2 at $500 pair.

Who do people usually prefer to deal with?

Any help appreciated

~V~
    I do not mean to pry, but you don't, by any chance, happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

Tyres for bikes.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

+1 4 t4b

Pete's a nice bloke, prices are fair etc.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I got a quote for Michelin pilot power2 $460 not fitted, add $30 for fitting.
        Injection is nice, but i'd rather be blown!

Comment

420-500 for pretty much any of the name brands tyres for bikes are great people but I choose to support the bike shop that looks after my bike. Up to you in the end.
          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
            Tyres for bikes.
            +1 ^^^

Comment

+1^^^^

Bought last 6 sets of tyres off Pete, great bloke......great prices..............

Last tyre change, the rear tyre was loosing air, he replaced the valve first, then the complete stem, then re-seated the tyre...........all for nothing..........nice bloke.......

Plus, he will try to help, even if it is out of hours....................

Comment

Originally posted by PiJiL View Post
                +1^^^^

Bought last 6 sets of tyres off Pete, great bloke
                Plus, he will try to help, even if it is out of hours....................
                +1 ^

he has fit every tyre i have ever run for the last 10 years.

i have never asked him how much or go through any haggling bs. once he noticed i kept coming back the tyres became cheaper.

he also does my chains and sprockets, because i trust his work which i think is more important than saving $10 here or there.
                Originally posted by Bendito
                If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Craig at Pitstop. He has always done the right thing by me and greets me with a cheerful 'oh no, what are you doing here'.

Comment

My mate just picked up the back and front Pilot Power 2CT's for his R6, I think he paid $590 or something like that at Tires for bikes. They have the good prices and stock of the most popular tires. Quick and friendly service too.

Comment

Tyres for Bikes do all my tyres...

If you are a repeat customer you get looked after...

Comment

Have shopped around over time and found Craig at Motorcycle Pitstop to give
                        the best deal to suit me.

And a plus, he has shitloads of other gear in there as well.

Comment

+1 for T4B

Great service and advice
                          Two's company, three's a race!

sigpic

Comment

Neil Anderson - ProFlo - 0410 654 954
                            Will always do a great price and look after you and your bike.

Comment

Have to put in a plug for Aaron at Rilusi in Morley. Did me a very good deal on Diablos, even scrubbed them in for me.
                              [SIGPIC]Accredited Motorcycling Australia Road Racing Coach Level1 TRAKDAYZ

Comment

Working...
                              X