Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion - The West Australian - 10/01/08

Feed 'em to the pigs, Errol....

Was thinking it's time to inundate Mr Murray with our ideas.....

Comment

Is a repost, but a frigging good one.
      c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Originally posted by browca04 View Post
        Wheres the other thread? that's from this mornings paper.

Comment

compulsory visit to shenton park - whom MAD do a shite load of fund raising for...

DUbs

Comment

One of the parts in the article i find wrong is how he blames the government and individual politicians for drivers shortcomings on the road , and classes their stance on driver respncibility as deflecting the blame. I feel those pollies are on the mark.
            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Well written, until it quotes the letter at the end of the article. The bit where somebody claims having ABS makes people think they're invulnerable. This is the same fucked up thinking the article points out regarding driver training, yet it gets applied in the same article.

And yet earlier in the article he says compulsory ESP was a good idea. ESP is just a smarter, more advanced ABS system. So a smarter, more intrusive system won't make people feel more invulnerable???
              For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
              For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

i think i need to buy him a carton of beer.

Comment

I like the way he is effectively calling for Dorringtons head on a platter.

Comment

Originally posted by browca04 View Post
                    Who Gives a F*cK!
                    Good post.

God forbid training people!!

I spent 1 1/2 months (2 months in RPH) in Shenton Park rehab after a car accident I was
                    involved in (passenger, 15 years old).
                    Yes it is a bloody huge eye opener. Especially Sundays, when parents came to push there kids around. That and the Plastic's ward in RPH.

Helmets if no side airbags, WTF!!
                    Roll cage, 6 point harness should be legal!!!

Remember the Supercar scare in the 70's?
                    Have we come Full circle on that one!!!

Would be interesting to see $$$ figures for the past 10 years
                    from Road Tax's, fines, licenses etc etc.

Then see figures on how much has directly been spent on road safety, upgrading roads etc etc.

I mean really, what has changed in regards to safety on the roads in the past 20 years?

Vehicle safety improvements are bloody excellent, driver training sux, the roads themselves, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Bitumen!!!!

Enough of my waffle.................

Comment

Originally posted by jules_1972 View Post
                      Who Gives a F*cK!
                      Helmets if no side airbags, WTF!!
                      Roll cage, 6 point harness should be legal!!!

Could be wrong, but I was under the impression that rollcages were outlawed without uber permit due to their hindering nature in serious crashes in relation to the Jaws of Life that the emergency services use.

In saying that, helmets would just create even bigger blind spots in relation to WA's fucktard drivers. We'd just start hearing "I didnt see you, my helmet was in the way"

Comment

Sorry.

I thought I'd read a very similar thing a couple of months (Weeks?) back. Not having a go at any, it's a great article. With the exception of the whole 'all young people think they're invincible' generalisation. I'm young, and drive what can be best likened to a tank, sans cannon and tracks. In no way do I currently, or ever have, felt invincible. Maybe it's just me, but I really hate that stigma. ABS, ESP, etcetera doesn't encourage people to take risks. People encourage themselves to take risks. Whether it's because of the three mates in the car, the short skirt walking past, the onlookers, their own personal satisfaction in knowing "Hey I can do that corner at 75," whatever. People take risks because they are human. Advanced safety technologies simply provide for a little bit of extra safety when people do take these risks.

Now we can either let Darwin's Law take care of everyone who takes risks, or we can try and make everything to do with operating a couple of tonnes of steel a bit safer.. Don't blame technology for human ineptitude.
                        c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

i would put your ideas forward because they printed a couple days ago, a knob that claimed banning commodores would solve the road toll.
                          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

think i might write to Murray. He has a pretty big audience of listeners and readers so wouldnt hurt to have him on side.

Comment

Where's Benjarmin when we need his eloquent tounge... Or fingers as it were.
                              c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Working...
                              X