Mobile mechancs V Service Centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile mechancs V Service Centers

Just wanted an opinion----- mobile mechanics or service centers I know you would get more value for money with the mobile guys. But

What you recon of the quality of work?
    Any recommendations on some Mobile guys?

Derek Ball mobile mechanic. Brilliant
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Cheers mate
      Got his number?
      How long have you been using him?
      What kinda work has he done 4 u minor services or more major repairs?

Comment

I've seen Derek Ball in action and can't fault his professionalism one iota. His work quality is very high. I'd also have no hesitation in recommending Gavin Carlini. There was a thread recently where I posted their numbers - If you search they should be easy to find. Or any of the other dozen times they've been posted - can't be arsed finding them now, sorry!

That said - My bike goes to a workshop. But that's because of the relationship I have with the shop. If I didn't have that things may be different.
        "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

Comment

0438 926 511 Been using him for about a year, on the recommendation od lots of PSB people. Mainly servicing so far, but I know others have had major rebuilds and stuff done by him.
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Cool stuff.That helps

Cheers guys

Comment

Just adding a +1 for Derek. I do my own work mostly, but when I haven't time or can't be arsed or am nervous about getting elbow deep in gearboxes etc I'll bring Derek in.

He doesn't muck about, doesn't do work that doesn't need doing, he's cheap and stuff he fixes stays fixed.

Cannot recommend the guy highly enough.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                +1 +1 +1

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                  +++1 ^^^

... and he'll actually teach you stuff as well. When he serviced the viffer the actual work prolly took a bit over an hour, but he was there a good 2 hours. I learned so much about the viffer, what to look out for, what to make sure is checked regularly, how to bleed the brakes, etc etc... just an awesome bloke!

Comment

there are some good mechanics in some shops, you just have to find them.

I use and recommend Gavin carlini 0417945557 Mobile Motorcycle Medic, quality work and service, I prefer mobile mechanics because They are more helpful in information and you can watch them work.
                    Dropping a bike off and picking it up later with a she'll be right mate is not good enough for me.
                    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by arwon View Post
                      there are some good mechanics in some shops, you just have to find them.

I prefer mobile mechanics because They are more helpful in information and you can watch them work.
                      Dropping a bike off and picking it up later with a she'll be right mate is not good enough for me.
                      I haven't used a mobile mechanic but I'd expect they are more accountable for their work than if you take it to some large workshop where they hand your bike over to the apprentice to work on the boring stuff while the experienced mechanic does the more exciting stuff. I've been disgusted with the work done on my Vulcan at both Mack 1 and Causeway, (Vulcan = boring). I started taking the Vulcan to MDH Tuning (Mark de Haas) 93612800 in E Vic Pk but I don't think he likes working on it, he prefers track bikes. He does a good job and is clearly passionate about his craft.
                      Anyway, I'm looking to get a little work done on the Vulcan in the next few months to clean up some oil leaks, replace tappets and to check some other stuff. Any recommendations on who I should take it to (A minor-minor rebuild) near Belmont/Kewdale?

Comment

Iv'e used Derek before and verry happy! He ran through everything.
                        What i hate about workshops is it's like a gamble on who you get to work on your bike. I feel like i want to stand there and watch them.

Comment

at the risk of sounding like an echo.....another +1 for Derek. Gives out a bit of a 'rough as guts' vibe but hes a good bloke, does great work and is more than happy to chat to you and show you how to do stuff yourself.

I had an issue with the brakes on my bike a while ago and i didnt want to risk riding it out to the dealer, so i called Derek after the recommendations on here. He fitted me in quickly. When he arrived he quickly figured out what the problem was and he actually said "come have a look at what i'm doing cause its bloody easy and you can save yourself a few bucks in the future by doing this sort of easy stuff yourself" which i thought was awesome for him to actually offer that info.

Comment

So Derrik it is i think Sounds like a good mechanic......I will be working while he is working on the bike but glad to know i am leaving it good hands..

Comment

+1 for Derek Ball
                              Feels good man.

Comment

Working...
                              X