Tyre Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Pricing

Who has the best price on bike tyres in town??

I normally go to Dave at Bike Tyre City, any other good deals around?

Luckily with modern sports bikes you can test loads of tyres as you get to change out your rear tyres every 4000 - 5000 k’s.

I currently have the BT 014s (oem), I like the 012ss and the M1 and hear that the Diablo Supercorsa and the new Michelin Pilot Power is also a good tyre.
    I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

tony,your best bet is to make a few calls.you will soon find who is cheaper.the guys who sell tyres only are usually cheaper as they would be a stockest for most brands which means they get a slight discount from the wholesalers which hopefully they pass on to you :roll:
    the pilot power is suppose to be the best tyre out there at the moment.i would think all the new generation tyres are as good as each other.
    i have said this before,in my opinion any of the major tyre brands will hold up just fine up to around 65-67 second laps at the track.any quicker than that,then you will see which is a better tyre.

Comment

Yeall Leroy i'll phone around anyway. Will need a new rear after Saturday!

65 67?? My pukker factor kiicks in at 70!!!

Comment

Re: Tyre Pricing

Luckily with modern sports bikes you can test loads of tyres as you get to change out your rear tyres every 4000 - 5000 k’s.
        :shock: man I must not ride hard enough through the corners ......Ive got a 04 R6 and ive done 10,000kms+ on the same rear tyre I bought the bike with ......the center of ther tyre is a lttle "flat" but the edges still look like new.............too much boring freeway riding to work and back it is

Im on the prowl for a new rear too

cheers
        Darren

Comment

i used to get 10k out of my 600, the 1000cc seem to have a higher wear factor, must be the weight

Mine would be flat in the centre as well but the track sorts out the edges!

Comment

See Peter at Tyres for bikes in Vic Park.

Good advice, service while you wait, and good range.. I have found them to be best priced and since I got my last 5 sets of tryes through em I get a good discount too =) ...

If you say you will pay in cash I am sure he will do a better deal too
            Will you insure me?!

Comment

I currently have the BT 014s (oem), I like the 012ss and the M1 and hear that the Diablo Supercorsa and the new Michelin Pilot Power is also a good tyre.
              I'm on my second set of Diablo Corsa and get about 6000-7500 kms out of the rear.. On a 1000cc unless you are riding hell for leather forget the super corsas they will give you at most 5000kms wear on a 150hp machine!
              Will you insure me?!

Comment

"Tyres for bikes" in Vic park are very good.
                9362 6262

Comment

See Peter at Tyres for Bikes in Vi........ahhhh, you all beat me to it!
                  ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

:shock: man I must not ride hard enough through the corners ......Ive got a 04 R6 and ive done 10,000kms+ on the same rear tyre I bought the bike with ......the center of ther tyre is a lttle "flat" but the edges still look like new.............too much boring freeway riding to work and back it is

cheers
                    Darren
                    You commute with an 04 R6 :shock: noice
                    1, Always look good
                    2, Always know what you're doing
                    3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

cheers
                      Darren
                      You commute with an 04 R6 :shock: noice
                      I does .....makes going to work that little bit more pleasureable and can't wait to get on it to ride home.....I do 44kms a day without question......stacked 10,000kms+ in 7mths of having the bike :shock:...scares me to say the least.......but it's there to be ridden so ill do just that

cheers
                      Darren

Comment

I does .....makes going to work that little bit more pleasureable and can't wait to get on it to ride home.....I do 44kms a day without question......stacked 10,000kms+ in 7mths of having the bike :shock:...scares me to say the least.......but it's there to be ridden so ill do just that

cheers
                        Darren
                        Gee with Kms that high.... i'll give you $2000 for it. I'll turn it into a stunt bike... because thats all that its good for now
                        If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Ring around your best option, then go back to the person you have buying your tyres from and advise them you can buy them cheaper else where, give him the option to beat that price. By doing this you are showing some loyalty to him and they will return the favour :idea:

I could tell you to go to Prestige Honda, but unless they know you, you will only get the standard line (like any other shop).

Geez you guys get good Km's out of your tyres, on both my R1's I had I could only get 5,500km from Michelin pilot sport or 4,500km from Dunlop D208. I only ever tried Pirelli once and got 3,000km out of them. Country riding kills tyres quickly :twisted:

Comment

bike tyre doctor in mt hawthorn on scab beach road... good guys, good price... pilot power is my bet....
                            tba.....

Comment

cheers
                              Darren
                              Gee with Kms that high.... i'll give you $2000 for it. I'll turn it into a stunt bike... because thats all that its good for now
                              That's why I've had a lot of bikes, 12,000km every 6 months then flick them.

Comment

Working...
                              X