• Show
Clear All

• how typical

My ref: 032019

Mr Nick Kilminster
    [email protected]

Dear Mr Kilminster

Front number plates on motorcycles

I refer to your email dated 17 June 2003 addressed to the Minister for Planning and Infrastructure, Hon Alannah MacTiernan MLA, concerning front number plates for motor cycles. The Minister has asked me to thank you for your email and to respond on her behalf.

The Minister appreciates your comments on this issue for which she has responsibility. However, any proposals for change to the current practice would be determined upon advice from the Office of Road Safety which is currently investigating safety issues related to front identifiers on motor cycles.

I have therefore forwarded your correspondence to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, Hon Michelle Roberts MLA, who is responsible for road safety issues and who will be able to respond to your concerns from this perspective.

Thank you for bringing your views to the Minister's attention.

Yours sincerely

Signed on 15 July 2003

LYN SHERWOOD
    CHIEF OF STAFF
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

.....otherwise known as "The Hand Ball".

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

dude those polli's all went to uni and studied the art of the handball. it is other wise known as; 1. CBF (cant be fucked)
      2. the rape, scrape, and procastinate.
      or 3. the inbox outbox sindrome. basically it bounces from desk to desk.
      If girls are made of sugar and spice and all things nice, Then why do they taste like TUNA!!!!!

Comment

From desk to desk until it falls into a bin and all is forgotten about!!!

What letter?? What email??

Comment

hmmm, why am I not surprised... :? :roll:
          Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

wots this about ?
            where u asking for front number plates ? or saying you dont think they should have them on bikes ? :?: :?: :?: :?:

Comment

Spun was asking for front numberplates.

In fact all of us here on Perthextreme.com and generally most of the motorcycling community are for front numberplates.

For too long motorcyclists have been able to flout the speeding laws due to the inability of multanovas identifying speeding motorcycles from the front.

Added to this most motorcyclists would agree that the front asthetics of their bike are unpleasing and a numberplate would just finish off the look nicely.

And lets not forget the ability to be able to slice pedestrians up when the new front numberplates are installed...

Comment

Ubugh?

Comment

And don't forget the added cost of replacing the stickers (what else can they use?) when they peel, fade and generally becoming unreadable, cause our representatives aren't going to 'give' them to us... B-(
                  Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Working...
                  X