Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gday/gear/opinions

Gday boys n girls,

Going to slave away over summer for my first bike + gear so im lookin around at everything for a bitve planning and motivation to get me through the coming hot, poor months..

anyway i figure helmets n jacket/gloves ill just have to go try on rarara but im goin to have to sell my car to get the bike (im sure someones laughing at me right now) so yes the 250 will be my only mode of transport - and i love to surf haha.

anyways this all brings me to bags.. nfi about em really, just know that i wouldnt want something too bulky and gay, came across this lil fella n wondered if anyone could give their opinions on it.

http://www.andystrapz.com/a_bagz.htm

heard the name gearsack thrown around but i couldnt find a webby for it so ah yeah.. just jump in and hit me with anything youve got bagwise.

oh P.S water proofing would be great as ill be riding 365 days a year..

CHEERS

Sammo

hey good luck. i did the same thing and it wasn't too bad through winter. just don't go down south on a three day ride when it's raining haha. i didn't use any bags so can't help ya there but make sure u get sum good winter gear for next year ie. waterproof jacket, gloves, and pants. they probly wont keep you completely dry but you'll be warmer than i was in a summer jacket.

Comment

Have a look at the "shop talk" section. Also, go to Vic park and have a look through the bike shops there, and see Ralph at Northside.

Other thing is how much do you want to spend??? And you're gonna find the lack of car to be a real bitch too...

My suggestion, save up a bit and get a cheaper 250, or get a cheaper bike and car than the one you've got now.

(says goofy who drives Melles car cause he hasn't got his own....)

Comment

Yeah im not lookin forward to winter, hell im not lookin forward to hell windy days but itll be an adventure. aye goofy id love a blingin lil cbr but im thinkin ive gotta be sensible n get a cheap bike and spend the dollars on good gear.

vic park seems to be the hot spot for bikes n seeing as im in south perth ill cruise down there when i get a chance.

just for interest ive budgeted 2 grand for

helmet
        alpinstars leather jacket (can i get this puppy wet?)
        gloves
        boots

full body wet weather suit thing (only a light $100 deal)

maybe a pair of draggins as well.

oh and as for the car... fuck who knows i reckon ill just bank on picking up a girl that doesnt mind driving me round haha.

cheers lads

Sammo

Comment

riding gear

Well u have the right idea buying a cheap 2fifty cause in a year or when u get your big bike licence ur not gunna want a 250. And besides that learning to ride ur probbly gunna fall off at least once !!!!!

2grand for riding gear will get u some good quality stuff .

Hope to see u on the road soon

Comment

for 2 grand we could hook u up with some awesome gear ..

go see chookie at causeway honda or ralph at northside kwaka ..they'll look after u ..also have a look in the hamper section aswell as there may be deals going on u could get in on and sava da money
            Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

ta for the advice boys, much appreciated.

oh and hewie yeah nice one i totally missed your lil section way down there on the forums page, will definately keep my eye on that over summer.

i was sortve planning on buying gear before i get my bike and as soon as i earn the money so it doesnt go on drinks and things um would it be better tho to try and save up say the two grand and buy it all in one go to get a better discount?

i dont really know how this all works eh, best talk to this chookie fella, he seems pretty pro-psb.

P.S - did anyone have an opinion on the bag i posted? not really sure if its any good but i like the fact that its pretty low profile.

cheers agaiin

Sammo

Comment

I think i'll go hide my car keys next time it rains. From what I have seen so far on the hunt for my jacket, Alpinestars, Dririder and Oxford look really good. Have a look at http://www.bikebiz.com.au/shop/enter.html to get a few ideas of what is out there, or you can do what I did, and get an Across, they come with handbag storage area (and i have been told i can fit 8 beers in the boot as well )

Comment

thanks for that webby mel, very helpful, they had some cool oxtar boots there: Oxtar T.C.S Sports Gore-tex Waterproof Boot Was $459.95 Now $359.95 - dunno how suitable theyd be for summer like if theyd breathe? hope so cus im not gettin two pairs hehe.

yeah im pretty set on an alpinestars viper jacket, might look a bit gay on tho so ill have to check that, is there like a known stockist for that kinda gear in perth? wait.. ill ask chookie .... hmm otherwise id love a dainese bora jacket but theyre crazy expensive.

any opinions on the above oxtar boot vs the Sidi Vertebra 2 Te-Por Boot ?

just like the look of them both and theyve both got water protection i think,

cheers again

Sammo

Comment

No probs MuTe, like Hewie said, don't forget to look in the hamper section as well.

I tried a heap of Jackets on at a place in Vic Park near Macca's on Albany hwy (can't member the name, thats so not my strong point ). Also go see Chookie, that have heaps of cool stuff there.

Maybe have a look @ www.alpinestars.com for ideas, but remember some of there stuff you can't get in Aus (like the jacket I want!)

Comment

No probs MuTe, like Hewie said, don't forget to look in the hamper section as well.

I tried a heap of Jackets on at a place in Vic Park near Macca's on Albany hwy (can't member the name, thats so not my strong point   ). Also go see Chookie, that have heaps of cool stuff there.

Maybe have a look @ www.alpinestars.com for ideas, but remember some of there stuff you can't get in Aus (like the jacket I want!)
                      Total Motorcycle Accessories is accross the road from Macca's in Vic Park... good shop

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com.au/

Comment

Thats the place - blonde moment. :oops: :oops: They were really helpful there.

Comment

Re: Gday/gear/opinions

the 250 will be my only mode of transport - and i love to surf haha.
                          I haven't had a car for bloody years and it's ok. Just make sure you don't go and foolishly buy something that won't fit in your bag when you're on the opposite side of Perth from where you live.
                          www.sortbycorruptiondate.com

Comment

alpinstars leather jacket (can i get this puppy wet?)
                            I got my Alpinestars jacket totally soaked once and it came out of it perfectly! It dried pretty well in a commercial clothes dryer!

The only downside is that the dye runs through onto your clothes underneath :roll:
                            ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

so yes the 250 will be my only mode of transport - and i love to surf haha.
                              hahah sammo, its gonna suck unless you live close to the beach. Or have mates that like being taxi.... Come to think of it, that bloody board is one of the only reasons i havent sold the scoobacage.

When you go looking at bikes see if you can get the salesmoron to throw in a coupla goodies.. or if you go private its still worth getting some new stuff that fits well.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X