experimentation...NOS..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experimentation...NOS..

alright, i have to say first it is a joke but it is a taste of what could come. it came about when i realised that your regular cream gun... aka (nangs) for those dodgy.. are nitrous oxide, just dont use soda stream ones instead as these are carbon dioxide. anyways all you do is run a hose from the trigger of the canister to your airbox, there are more optimum positions but for this crude application but who really cares. the hardest part is triggering it, for me i first done it on a scooter and i used it as a foot pedal. I know its stupid and a waste of time but if you have these things around the house its good for a laugh. Its not reccomended for the street, it would looks fairly obvious hangin of the side of my bike at least. and im fairly new here so im sorry if someone else thought the same thing... bye
    Lost and on reserve

Wtf...?

EDIT: This is like watching a kitten walking towards an electric cat fence. You want to stop it, but you know that sometimes you should just let nature take its course because no matter what your girlfriend says, it'd probably be funny.
    Last edited by Tenchi; 02-02-2008, 03:35 AM.
    Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

What you need to do is see them in action on a pocket bike.

Ramjet had/has a proper setup using nangs on his pocket bike.

When I saw it in action it seemed to help get him to the front of the pack at the start of a race.

Mind you it also caused him to blow the reed valves aswell.

Here it is...BottleOrBoost.com.au Pocket Bike Nitrous Oxide and Turbocharger Sales Australia.

Comment

How many Red Bulls did you have Rich?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
          Ramjet had/has a proper setup using nangs on his pocket bike.
          Haha, I saw that on Ramjet's pb too. All I saw was him pressing it, and then the bike would make a loud bang, and that's about it. It didn't seem to make any speed difference at all.
          FTP

Comment

Nitrous oxide will give you more oxygen. Unless there's fuel to go with it, you may well cause engine damage, or otherwise starve teh engine for fuel.

If you're going to set it up on a pocket bike or whatever you may want to richen the carb's mixture up a bit to compensate and provide the additional fuel

That said, I really don't know if your typical "nang" catridge will give anywhere near enough nitrous to be useful?
            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by smitto81 View Post
              I know its stupid and a waste of time but if you have these things around the house its good for a laugh.
              How many did you quaff before this post?
              such comment
              wow
              many post

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                Nitrous oxide will give you more oxygen. Unless there's fuel to go with it, you may well cause engine damage, or otherwise starve teh engine for fuel.
                Na-ah, you failz thro.

Nitrous oxide does not contribute to the chemical process of combustion.

Remember our atmosphere is around 78% nitrogen. Combustion of fuel causes heat, which in turn increases the pressure of whatever gasses are in the combustion chamber (mostly nitrogen) which then causes expansion via the pistons.

Different gasses have different coefficients of expansion, ie for the same heat, different gasses will expand by different amounts. Nitrous Oxide has a much higher coefficient of expansion than boring old Nitrogen and so when the same amount of fuel burns, yielding the same amount of heat, you get more force on the pistons.

But it don't give you more oxygen. For that you need teh turbo.
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

^^^ nerd.
                  such comment
                  wow
                  many post

Comment

Smitto less nangs before posting mmmkay
                    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                    Its the little things that make the difference
                    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

haha funny guys. mmmkay.

also Rich.. had a look at the link for the pocket bikes and looks like you can only use one at a time, on the 50cc scooter i had i put like 6 or so in the gun and it was a fair bit of pressure enough for a decent kick, sounded kike an old kx80 i had when i was a kid. might have to try it on the across
                      Last edited by smitto; 05-02-2008, 11:11 AM.
                      Lost and on reserve

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                        Na-ah, you failz thro.

But it don't give you more oxygen. For that you need teh turbo.
                        I believe you are wrong. The atmostphere is generally around 20% oxygen and I think from memory Nitrous Oxide is around 36% oxygen thus while it is referred to as chemical super/turbo charging. As in you get heaps more oxygen in the combustion chamber without just shoving in a whole heap of atmosphere that is only 20% oxygen.

Of course with more oxygen you need more fuel. Most decent nitrous systems also activate an extra injector or fuel jet plate whne the nitrous is activated to richen the mixture and help boost power further and preventing lean outs from the raised oxygen content and thus helping to protect pistons from damage.
                        Trev
                        MCNEWS.COM.AU

Comment

Trev, Oxygen (O2) in its reducing state is indeed at atmosphere at around 20% (actually 20.93%).

Nitrous Oxide binds the oxygen chemically to the nitrogen, AFAIK it's not available as a reducing agent and will not allow the fuel to burn.

Do any of the chemists on here know if the nitrous breaks down in the temperature/pressure conditions present in a combustion chamber?
                          "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I think this thread started as a bit of a giggle with smitto mucking around with some toys he had.
                            I lost all interest when it turned into advanced thermodynamic chemistry

Bert
                            It's better to be thought stupid than open your mouth and remove all doubt

Pure speed in sixth gear on a 5,000 foot straightaway is one thing, but pure speed in third gear on a gravel-strewn, downhill, ess turn is quite another.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yes, N02 is an oxidising agent... ie it breaks down under certain conditions (chemical or physical) to provide a more efficient burn... in the case of a hot engine, it does break down and supply more oxygen... and hence more expansion due to extra combustion

Howstuffworks "How does nitrous oxide help an engine perform better?"

My personal favourite would method includes the following...

-weedeat/blowervac (pref petrol powered)
                              -some NOS (preferably two of the big bottles...by tonight)
                              -some tubing
                              -a disregard for money, personal safety and the laws of thermodynamics

hook up blower to intake... seal it off...
                              set NOS up inside intake, or for the cheap option...just outside the intake for the blowervac (its gonna end up in the engine either way)

you may want to set it up as a draw through style... probably more effective if its carby fed

Comment

Working...
                              X