X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g0zer View Post
    Ok I cannot ignore this thread any longer

Fyi

N2O 1 mol @ stp ~ 22.4L of gas liberates 1 mol of oxygen for burning with carbon and hydrogen in petrol to give CO2 + CO + H2O

O2 in air ~ 21% @ stp ~ 4.5L liberates 2 mol of oxygen per mol of O2. Ratio air vs N2O call it 9L oxygen vs 22.4L for pure N2O for the same volume of gas at same temp and pressure.
    What? Something a bit funky about the way you have described that.

Assuming N2O and O2 are ideal gases (which they aren't):

1 mole of N2O gas will have as you mentioned, a volume of 22.4L at STP.
    It will contain 1 mole of oxygen atoms.

1 mole of air (which under our conditions, also takes up 22.4L) will contain only 0.21 moles of oxygen gas (O2), which is 0.42 moles of oxygen atoms.

So if you replaced all of the air drawn into the engine, with N2O, you would have approximately 2.4 times as much available oxygen.

I'm sure you were saying something like that, it just wasn't very clear.
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Liquid N20 I believe actually

When the N20 is released from the bottle....even in gaseous state it will be at something rediculous like -120 C...which is why you see the 'fog' or condensation vapour form in the air around it (the actual gas is clear and you cant see it...much in the same way you cant see steam)

as soon as it enters the combustion chamber it breaks down...yes in a proper kit it will be a liquid.. however for examply if you release a nang/soda N20 canister... it becomes a gas straight away... otherwise you would have a lot of kids with frozen and shattered tongues/throats/lungs

yes it does cool the air, which is an added affect... but it still has the majority affect as an oxidising agent in the combustion chamber

Comment

I'm on a mobile phone so icouldnt be bothered typing it out from 1st priciples.. The ratio is close enough to correct so u know what I mean
        Originally posted by Bendito
        If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

I just had a thought, if the nangs have more O2 wouldnt that mean the kids inhaling the nang would be getting more oxygen? as opposed to being deprived of it? I am probably wrong so just ignore me

Comment

^^ no... it doesnt break down as its not the right conditions... and there is no fuel for it to react with... so they are just filling their lungs with N20... meaning there is less room for 02, meaning oxygen starvation...

its basically just laughing gas....like they use at the dentist...a mild anaesthetic

Comment

no, because your body doesn't use N2O in the same way as it uses O2.

At least, it would surprise me greatly if it did.

g0zer- that explains it then! lol Are you after a psb fix that badly?! lol
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

its 130am here and my aircon in hotel (where wireless net has died see rant thread) just started making a fukn heinous clunking sound. Turned it off and its still making it wtf!!! I must have aircon to maintain positive pressure in the room to keep the mosquitos out! I want to go home, psb will have to do for now
                Originally posted by Bendito
                If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Back to the fun side of NOS.

I had NOS set up on my pb. The problems I had to start with were the fact that the NOS delivery was too firce and it would cause the carbon reads to snap. I reduced the flow and changed the reeds to steel and it fixed the problem and gave a slightly slower shot but for longer. A standard nang cartridge lasts about 5-6 seconds on a pb. It is not enough to lift the front wheel on a pocket bike but gives a fairly fun kick.

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                  Haha, I saw that on Ramjet's pb too. All I saw was him pressing it, and then the bike would make a loud bang, and that's about it. It didn't seem to make any speed difference at all.
                  Dam reeds. Big bang indeed.

Originally posted by smitto81 View Post
                  haha funny guys. mmmkay.

also Rich.. had a look at the link for the pocket bikes and looks like you can only use one at a time, on the 50cc scooter i had i put like 6 or so in the gun and it was a fair bit of pressure enough for a decent kick, sounded kike an old kx80 i had when i was a kid. might have to try it on the across
                  I set it up on my old across fogging straight into the airbox. As long as you have full fuel/throttle it accelerated faster but nothing mind blowing and only for 3-4 seconds. Bit like old 2stroke "powerband"

Comment

thankyou ramjet, saves me the bother. practical is always better than theory. i can move on now and try save the world from big brother...
                    Lost and on reserve

Comment

Working...
                    X