Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smitto
    replied
    thankyou ramjet, saves me the bother. practical is always better than theory. i can move on now and try save the world from big brother...

Leave a comment:

• Ben S
    replied
    Back to the fun side of NOS.

I had NOS set up on my pb. The problems I had to start with were the fact that the NOS delivery was too firce and it would cause the carbon reads to snap. I reduced the flow and changed the reeds to steel and it fixed the problem and gave a slightly slower shot but for longer. A standard nang cartridge lasts about 5-6 seconds on a pb. It is not enough to lift the front wheel on a pocket bike but gives a fairly fun kick.

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
    Haha, I saw that on Ramjet's pb too. All I saw was him pressing it, and then the bike would make a loud bang, and that's about it. It didn't seem to make any speed difference at all.
    Dam reeds. Big bang indeed.

Originally posted by smitto81 View Post
    haha funny guys. mmmkay.

also Rich.. had a look at the link for the pocket bikes and looks like you can only use one at a time, on the 50cc scooter i had i put like 6 or so in the gun and it was a fair bit of pressure enough for a decent kick, sounded kike an old kx80 i had when i was a kid. might have to try it on the across
    I set it up on my old across fogging straight into the airbox. As long as you have full fuel/throttle it accelerated faster but nothing mind blowing and only for 3-4 seconds. Bit like old 2stroke "powerband"

Leave a comment:

• g0zer
    replied
    its 130am here and my aircon in hotel (where wireless net has died see rant thread) just started making a fukn heinous clunking sound. Turned it off and its still making it wtf!!! I must have aircon to maintain positive pressure in the room to keep the mosquitos out! I want to go home, psb will have to do for now

Leave a comment:

• sathid
    replied
    no, because your body doesn't use N2O in the same way as it uses O2.

At least, it would surprise me greatly if it did.

g0zer- that explains it then! lol Are you after a psb fix that badly?! lol

Leave a comment:

• =Stevo=
    replied
    ^^ no... it doesnt break down as its not the right conditions... and there is no fuel for it to react with... so they are just filling their lungs with N20... meaning there is less room for 02, meaning oxygen starvation...

its basically just laughing gas....like they use at the dentist...a mild anaesthetic

Leave a comment:

• KiM
    replied
    I just had a thought, if the nangs have more O2 wouldnt that mean the kids inhaling the nang would be getting more oxygen? as opposed to being deprived of it? I am probably wrong so just ignore me

Leave a comment:

• g0zer
    replied
    I'm on a mobile phone so icouldnt be bothered typing it out from 1st priciples.. The ratio is close enough to correct so u know what I mean

Leave a comment:

• =Stevo=
    replied
    Liquid N20 I believe actually

When the N20 is released from the bottle....even in gaseous state it will be at something rediculous like -120 C...which is why you see the 'fog' or condensation vapour form in the air around it (the actual gas is clear and you cant see it...much in the same way you cant see steam)

as soon as it enters the combustion chamber it breaks down...yes in a proper kit it will be a liquid.. however for examply if you release a nang/soda N20 canister... it becomes a gas straight away... otherwise you would have a lot of kids with frozen and shattered tongues/throats/lungs

yes it does cool the air, which is an added affect... but it still has the majority affect as an oxidising agent in the combustion chamber

Leave a comment:

• sathid
    replied
    Originally posted by g0zer View Post
    Ok I cannot ignore this thread any longer

Fyi

N2O 1 mol @ stp ~ 22.4L of gas liberates 1 mol of oxygen for burning with carbon and hydrogen in petrol to give CO2 + CO + H2O

O2 in air ~ 21% @ stp ~ 4.5L liberates 2 mol of oxygen per mol of O2. Ratio air vs N2O call it 9L oxygen vs 22.4L for pure N2O for the same volume of gas at same temp and pressure.
    What? Something a bit funky about the way you have described that.

Assuming N2O and O2 are ideal gases (which they aren't):

1 mole of N2O gas will have as you mentioned, a volume of 22.4L at STP.
    It will contain 1 mole of oxygen atoms.

1 mole of air (which under our conditions, also takes up 22.4L) will contain only 0.21 moles of oxygen gas (O2), which is 0.42 moles of oxygen atoms.

So if you replaced all of the air drawn into the engine, with N2O, you would have approximately 2.4 times as much available oxygen.

I'm sure you were saying something like that, it just wasn't very clear.

Leave a comment:

• nom
    replied
    NOS Systems are working on Liquid NO2, not gaseous NO2. The idea is that when the NOS flow is engaged, it super cools the air going into the engine, making it much more dense. This allows you to cram more air and fuel into the cylinder than normally possible.

Ever noticed how sometimes your bike/car has less power on a really, really hot day vs a really cold day? Same thing, just done to an extreme...

Leave a comment:

• =Stevo=
    replied
    ahah yeah but its not my ride

fuel line wont need pressure though... venturi style setup...works the same way as a carb (in theory)...and rapid flow velocity would mean it should work quite effectively...

but yeah... i really dont recommend trying it

Leave a comment:

• g0zer
    replied
    Lmao @ drawing

I am on mobile phone so I didn't bother to view image b4.

1st if nos line is pressurised the fuel line u have tapped into it will need to have over pressure or no fuel will come out.

2nd that looks like an excellent way to set fire to ur ride!

Leave a comment:

• =Stevo=
    replied
    ^^ we are talking ghetto-style wet shot system here though... as per the diagram at the top of this page...

Theres no way I would try it...seems rather pointless.. and you'd get better gains busting out the grinder and doing some dodgy home-porting... but if you wanted to play around... it could work after some testing...until you break something

Leave a comment:

• g0zer
    replied
    In ur context all ur doing is leaning out ur motor. I think CO/CO2 ratio will inrease as will burn temp. Might burn carbon deposits off ur top end. Considering how short the spray is I doubt anything will get so hot to cause damage. carb bike, 2 stroke and u woting at low rpm I guess its rich already so u probably would notice a very brief erm power surge if u don't spin a bearing or stuff whatever 2 strokes use for valves.

Leave a comment:

• =Stevo=
    replied
    ^^ I was under the impression that due to the rapid expansion and pressure drop when being released from the high pressure bottle to the combustion chamber... it reverts back to a gaseous state... and is immediately broken down in the heat?

in the use we are talking about (ie nangs/soda bottles) it will enter as a gas...and flow through the lines as a gas, as there is no pressurised priming involved

Leave a comment:

Working...
X