Gsx1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gsx1400

what do you guys think of them? who has one?

pro's and cons?
    :awesome:

way better than a kwakka.

edit: dont know much bout them the only thing i dislike is the massivley big stocky zorst.

guy at work has one and cant rate it highly enough

Comment

Test rode one a few years ago and loved it. Pretty big and heavy but stupid amounts of grunt. Seemed easy enough to flick around as well. Much love for pulling away in top gear from pretty much idle.

Comment

Ive considered getting one a few years old as a project. They're good stock but bare in mind that the frame on them is very old tech and likes to twist when pushed. Upgrades to shocks, forks & brakes improve the handling a great deal and you certainly wont regret spending a few bucks on such things.

That engine is a pure gem though. It has more potential for stupidity than just about anything else on the market. Obscene torque figures can be coaxed out of them if you're prepaired to get your hands a little dirty. Im talking figures in excess of 180nm. That equates to power wheelies in lots of gears and tyres that dont last long

Great bike for long trips with plenty of fuel and storage. Very comfy two up aswell.

The biggest bonus is the price. Its about to get a little better too id say as Suzuki wind up production soon.
        In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
        Its the little things that make the difference
        Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
        If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

thanks guys, ZX14 insurance was a bit too much for me. this is a lot better, and just as comfy.

seems like a good choice!

Comment

You seriously wont regret it. Out of the crate the ZX14 will lunch it. With a bit of coaxing, the GSX will hold its own if not embarrass the ZX.
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

or..

Comment

Thats the one and only thing right there that id consider trading the MT on. Ditch those fucking rediculous zorts and chuck a nice set of devils or the like on there and its all good.

Comment

A touch under 250 kgs doesn't really bother me. If I were to consider it I wouldn't want it black, and the blue Suzuki number would look more at home in a museum so it'd be up for a custom paint job.

The large under seat storage/tank size sounds alright, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
                    Thats the one and only thing right there that id consider trading the MT on. Ditch those fucking rediculous zorts and chuck a nice set of devils or the like on there and its all good.
                    And supercharge the fucking thing *grumble**grumble*
                    FTP

Comment

Supercharge it? Although I would love to have seen it as per the concept, Im not sure ive quite got the balls for that just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
                        Supercharge it? Although I would love to have seen it as per the concept, Im not sure ive quite got the balls for that just yet.
                        So you're telling me if someone threw you the keys to a 'charged B-King, you say "No thanks, it's a bit too powerful for me"?
                        If the answer's honestly "yes", then I'm revoking your heterosexual male card.
                        FTP

Comment

No see, i could do that. Its some one elses ride thus would be treated with the utmost care and respect. If it were mine, Id be torn between twist the wrist and sanity.

Comment

Let's say it was a shop bike.
                            FTP

Comment

not too interested in the B-King, but thanks for all the posts about the 1400 :awesome:

so does anyone on here own one?

Comment

Working...
                              X