Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
    Let's say it was a shop bike.

hehehe i remember jim sayin there was a motorvation pic of a guy doin a wheelie and underneath that "It's always better on a shop bike"
    (226): Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by jackerz View Post
      way better than a kwakka.
      Don't listen to that!

Before you sign for the Suki have a ride on the 08 ZRX.
      If this is the style of bike you looking for then check this on out.
      I am at Mack 1 at 10AM on Monday to take the GTR 1400 for a spin
      They have a nice black second hand ZRX1200 for sale.
      Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
      sigpic
      2007 ZRX 1200R
      1977 Z 1000 A1
      http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

Originally posted by Aphex View Post
        You seriously wont regret it. Out of the crate the ZX14 will lunch it. With a bit of coaxing, the GSX will hold its own if not embarrass the ZX.
        Surely you mean the ZRX1200?

Comparing the GSX14 with the ZX14 is just wrong, they are completely different bikes.

Comment

way better than a kwakka....the GSX will hold its own if not embarrass the ZX...LOL bhut suzuki is like way cool, and krapasaki just make arse.
          Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
          Comparing the GSX14 with the ZX14 is just wrong, they are completely different bikes.
          +1

i'm just used to the kawasaki hating by now

Another 2c, wait for the z1400..

Comment

GSX1400 huge engine, great all rounder. bit of work to suspenders does wonders. Biggest selling big naked in Oz - prolly due to price as much as anything but yeah couldn't go wrong if that's what floats ya boat.

Comment

the reason for looking at these bikes is that i'm only 23, so insurance is a killer for anything with fairing except for a superblackbird. the other problem is being a solid guy at 6'6" so i need something comfy.

i can't justify the cost of the insurance on a ZX-14 or 12. or a busa (plus i thenk they ugly) this bike or the ZRX would give me a big bike with lots of torque to haul me around...

plus i think they look pretty good!

CC, i know what you mean about the ZRX1200, but i may have found a really good deal on a GSX. if that falls through i will looking around again.
              :awesome:

Comment

Blackbirds are pretty good value for a faired bike, but need a few cheap mods if you suffer from discomfort.

The GSX1400 will be cheaper, but if you hit the country runs you'll be torn off the bike by wind blast. Great for having some fun around town.

Comment

bikini fairing FTW!

i'm yet to own a faired bike. i have ridden them but haven't owned one. but i will soon enough, premiums will start to go down july next year, then i can think about something covered in plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                    Surely you mean the ZRX1200?

Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                    +1

i'm just used to the kawasaki hating by now

Another 2c, wait for the z1400..

I know what i said and im not hating on kwakas even if they are fugly machines. The original poster asked about the two hence the comparison.

What i said was out of the crate the ZX14 will win. Of course it will. With coaxing IE: Mods, the GSX has the potential to chew on the zx14. Bare in mind that its not hard to get power figures exceeding 200rwhp and 180nm from the GSX.
                    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                    Its the little things that make the difference
                    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Im still considering this bike as the next purchase. Requires bracing of the frame and forks due to twist and a suspension overhaul would not go astray. The price is excellent however note that we may be following the same path as the UK. In the UK at the moment is the final run of the GSX1400 due to emissions laws, and with the final run comes a few goodies including Yoshi exhaust.

Rapid mag have a tricked out version of the GSX1400 which is actually a GSX1620 (If i remember correctly) and aparrently is a hoot to ride.

Also the GSX1400 has alot of followers in the fighter scene so you have alot of cool stuff you can do to the bikes.

When I test rode one I found there to be loads of grunt, smooth engine operation however under pressure the bike would go real sloppy in the corners. But goddam, for the price you really can't complain much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                        The GSX1400 will be cheaper, but if you hit the country runs you'll be torn off the bike by wind blast.
                        No, you won't.
                        Wind blast on nakeds isn't that bad. You could push a fair way past 200 before wind blast starts to worry you.
                        FTP

Comment

thanks for the posts guys, a bit of streetfighter gear won't go astray on it either..... i've seen that bike in rapid, looks the goods!

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                            No, you won't.
                            Wind blast on nakeds isn't that bad. You could push a fair way past 200 before wind blast starts to worry you.
                            I was just about getting ripped off the old Z at the 140 or so it allegedly manages. Might be a better seating position on other bikes, but I was hanging on for dear life.

Comment

Much more wind protection on bigger nakeds mate.
                              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                              Its the little things that make the difference
                              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
                                I was just about getting ripped off the old Z at the 140 or so it allegedly manages. Might be a better seating position on other bikes, but I was hanging on for dear life.
                                Ah, fair enough, I forgot about that bike of yours.
                                Yeah, like Aphex said, the bigger bikes tend to give a bit better protection, plus, with the newer bikes, you're leant forward a bit more, so you're not relying as heavily on your arms to pull you forward on the bike.
                                FTP

Comment

Working...
                                X