Gsx1400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcore View Post
    other advantage with a bike having a big motor is it has to do less work/effort for the same result so they usally last longer
    i agree falcore
    trouble is they all have non replacable bores, i am from the old school i actually like the idea that a rebore, new pistons= good as new, thats why the beemer is on the outer, the tosser that came up with nickasil plated bores has a lot to answer for :beta:
    gotta move with the times though, i went through this when "HAL" started to get put into bikes IE computers, not that the beemers "brain" has given me any drama's, but the one thing i didn't miss was points on a bike, before electronic ignition they were a real biatch
    there are 3 kinds of lies:, lies, damned lies and statistics [benjamin disraeli] 1804-1881

Comment

they were talking about chucking in a small screen that comes off the headlight bracket, but i'm sure that some smooth talking would get you a long way.
      :awesome:

Comment

Originally posted by lobo View Post
        i agree falcore
        trouble is they all have non replacable bores, i am from the old school i actually like the idea that a rebore, new pistons= good as new, thats why the beemer is on the outer, the tosser that came up with nickasil plated bores has a lot to answer for :beta:
        gotta move with the times though, i went through this when "HAL" started to get put into bikes IE computers, not that the beemers "brain" has given me any drama's, but the one thing i didn't miss was points on a bike, before electronic ignition they were a real biatch
        Nicasil bore anecdotally have and extermely long life ie hone marks still there after 150 000kms. For a goose new pistion barrel kits are around $1300 surprised there is no one making them for beemers certianly more around although probally a greater variation is design too.
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
        X