• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero Diablo
    replied
    Originally posted by lobo View Post
    i agree falcore
    trouble is they all have non replacable bores, i am from the old school i actually like the idea that a rebore, new pistons= good as new, thats why the beemer is on the outer, the tosser that came up with nickasil plated bores has a lot to answer for :beta:
    gotta move with the times though, i went through this when "HAL" started to get put into bikes IE computers, not that the beemers "brain" has given me any drama's, but the one thing i didn't miss was points on a bike, before electronic ignition they were a real biatch
    Nicasil bore anecdotally have and extermely long life ie hone marks still there after 150 000kms. For a goose new pistion barrel kits are around $1300 surprised there is no one making them for beemers certianly more around although probally a greater variation is design too.

Leave a comment:

• Weapon_X
    replied
    they were talking about chucking in a small screen that comes off the headlight bracket, but i'm sure that some smooth talking would get you a long way.

Leave a comment:

• lobo
    replied
    Originally posted by Falcore View Post
    other advantage with a bike having a big motor is it has to do less work/effort for the same result so they usally last longer
    i agree falcore
    trouble is they all have non replacable bores, i am from the old school i actually like the idea that a rebore, new pistons= good as new, thats why the beemer is on the outer, the tosser that came up with nickasil plated bores has a lot to answer for :beta:
    gotta move with the times though, i went through this when "HAL" started to get put into bikes IE computers, not that the beemers "brain" has given me any drama's, but the one thing i didn't miss was points on a bike, before electronic ignition they were a real biatch

Leave a comment:

• Falcore
    replied
    other advantage with a bike having a big motor is it has to do less work/effort for the same result so they usally last longer

Leave a comment:

• lobo
    replied
    i am looking to replace the old 1984 beemer and have been checking on this thread, i have monday off so i'll be doing the bike shop run as i have to go to perth anyway, in suzuki i was checking out the 1400 and the bandit 1250 online, as well as the other brands, so it looks like a busy monday
    did you get any sweeteners with the deal team?
    interesting to read all points of view

Leave a comment:

• Weapon_X
    replied
    took one for a test ride today, felt awesome! if i find there isn't enough top end some airbox mods and a PCIII might be able to help with some pipes....

either way it'll suit my needs for now.

Leave a comment:

• Trev
    replied
    Good job they have all that bottom end as the top is certainly well strangled. Lots to be let loose there but in the end, do you really need it? Some will, some won't, as a smooth and fuss free motorcycle as stock it certainly has monster balls to make the commute good fun and in the hills makes the gear lever an optional extra... If you want to see how strangled the breathing is, check out the airbox intake.... You couldn't lube it up and feck it the intake hole is that small... And that's to feed one helluva of a big donk!

Leave a comment:

• meat
    replied
    My Dads got one and to be upsettingly honest my pumped up 06 blade cant touch him for bottom end and grunt, from third gear and up he stomps me up to the double ton well at least i recon he would because we would never go that fast being the law obiding person i am???? Great bike super fun to ride.

Leave a comment:

• Weapon_X
    replied
    Awesome mate thanks. i'm not such a big fan of the nose on a bandit, they look like all the fairings are missing....

Leave a comment:

• Trev
    replied
    The GSX1400 seems to be a LOT better finished than the Bandit and after spending PLENTY of time on both the 1400 would get my money every time.

Leave a comment:

• Weapon_X
    replied
    mmmm bolt on kits!

yeh i had a look at that one online and there is another one down south i'm waiting to hear on. so we shall see! one black and one blue either way i like them.

Leave a comment:

• twinlover
    replied
    Great bike.
    Doesnt do it for me cause
    1. its been smoothed out because such a big engine
    2. its been quietened down cause such a big engine

I guess what Im trying to say is that Suzuki put the biggest inline 4 they could on the road and then refined it too much. Also I dont feel confident pushing the front too hard on something that heavy, but depends on ur skill of course

BUt the build quality definetly seems to be better than my SV1K and it looks gorgeopus in the White n Blue colours

Leave a comment:

• Aphex
    replied
    Nothing like bolting on 90rwhp....

But if you do go down that road, suspension, brakes, frame upgrades required.

Leave a comment:

• MuNch
    replied
    Oh you're looking at the Black one at Savage Suzuki ? Thats the one I test rode, very nice. They just sold theire Blue/White new one they had in there. Go get the 14 and supercharge it bolt on superchargers available from the UK.

Leave a comment:

• Weapon_X
    replied
    Cheers mate!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X