Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A shop to avoid

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A shop to avoid

    gday all, just wanted everyone to know about the WORST shop to deal with for batteries. I have had a terrible experience dealing with Battery world Balcatta. I paid for a Yuasa battery for the R1 on 8th December and was told it would be in store in two days. Got a phone call to tell me it would be two weeks, ok, no worries. About a week after that I get a phone call to advise me it would be in mid January! Now, 2 months later I called only to be told that battery has arrived in WA, but it was not put on the truck and would not be in store until Tuesday 12th!!! If the sales rep from company had time he would drop it off, but I was more than welcome to go out to Belmont to collect from the distributor. Talk about absolutely useless customer service. Admittedly, I was offered a full refund, but after two months I just want my damn battery. Avoid this store! Thanks, I just needed to get this off my chest. Ride safe and stay rubber side down see you all out there, I hope.
    Me and my yammie are nuckin' futs- you have been warned

  • #2
    How is the fact that they kept calling to update on the delays bad customer service? I call that good customer service, Sure it was delayed, but is it really there fault? They are just relaying what the supplier has told them.
    My Turbo Build

    Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

    Comment


    • #3
      Yah sounds like they went out of their way to keep you informed and that their suppliers fucked them around. avoid yuasa maybe but the store sounds great!

      Comment


      • #4
        Have to agree with Tyson. They have done everything in their power to keep you updated with the progress of your purchase. It is not their fault that their sub-supplier has been giving them incorrect information associated with the item you purchased. I applaud them for keeping you updated.
        Its better than you buying it, expecting to hear something, and hearing nothing for two months.
        Sponsored by:

        Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

        Comment


        • #5
          Agreed.

          I think it's highly unreasonable to slam a store for what is clearly their distributors fault. The sales rep even offered to deliver the battery personally. That sounds like the kind of service that only fantastic stores offer.
          c o o l s t o r y b r o

          Comment


          • #6
            WTAS^^^^

            Sounds like they did everything they could. Not their fault.
            Feels good man.

            Comment


            • #7
              i have always used battery world in balcatta and had no troubles at all...

              Comment


              • #8
                So let me just get this straight... You got updated regularly, the rep offered to deliver (or you could pick it up from Belmont) and you were offered a full refund... Damn! Wish I could find service that bad!!

                I can understand your frustration at not getting the item in the timeframe you expected - but I think it's beyond the shop's control and they've done their bit to make amends.

                I've actually had this store recommended to me in the past for their GOOD service.
                "Look wise guy, I know I'm a racer, I can feel it in my code."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TYSON View Post
                  How is the fact that they kept calling to update on the delays bad customer service? I call that good customer service, Sure it was delayed, but is it really there fault? They are just relaying what the supplier has told them.
                  Originally posted by Davey View Post
                  Yah sounds like they went out of their way to keep you informed and that their suppliers fucked them around. avoid yuasa maybe but the store sounds great!
                  Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                  Have to agree with Tyson. They have done everything in their power to keep you updated with the progress of your purchase. It is not their fault that their sub-supplier has been giving them incorrect information associated with the item you purchased. I applaud them for keeping you updated.
                  Its better than you buying it, expecting to hear something, and hearing nothing for two months.
                  Originally posted by browca04 View Post
                  Agreed.

                  I think it's highly unreasonable to slam a store for what is clearly their distributors fault. The sales rep even offered to deliver the battery personally. That sounds like the kind of service that only fantastic stores offer.
                  Originally posted by esquire View Post
                  WTAS^^^^

                  Sounds like they did everything they could. Not their fault.
                  Originally posted by Maxo View Post
                  i have always used battery world in balcatta and had no troubles at all...
                  Originally posted by Ice View Post
                  So let me just get this straight... You got updated regularly, the rep offered to deliver (or you could pick it up from Belmont) and you were offered a full refund... Damn! Wish I could find service that bad!!

                  I can understand your frustration at not getting the item in the timeframe you expected - but I think it's beyond the shop's control and they've done their bit to make amends.

                  I've actually had this store recommended to me in the past for their GOOD service.
                  And it looks like everyone can see that the store in question did everything right...

                  Maybe you should have just posted in the 'Rant Thread"...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    and perhaps not actually mention the store name... so that if it does backfire like this... you arent publicly slandering a store for something out of their control

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Did anyone get the number of that bandwagon? I think I missed it.

                      Oh wait, it's stopped!

                      What Tyson Said^^
                      No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And what is it they say about R1 riders...?

                        Sorry, I couldn't resist, ROFLMAO.
                        Trev
                        MCNEWS.COM.AU

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          well, all that^ was a tad brutal
                          When commenting in anger/frustration, may I suggest the rant thread...

                          ...the store name was prob a bit rash too
                          Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                          How many bikes can you buy today that have an otto cycle motor?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i think rob may be a little agrieved today.....

                            to make you smile rob...i hit them up for 4hrs...at 50/50
                            A site all parents should check regulary
                            http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

                            (+)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sounds like alot of us are/have been in retail.
                              Riding - Living the dream...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X