Steering Dampers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering Dampers

Hi, I have an Ohlins steering damper from a previous bike that I'd like to fit to a Z1000. But I'm having trouble finding a bracket for it, still waiting to hear back from the Ohlins importing ppl.

Does any one know where I could source one or even get one made up?
    Before I wobble off into the bush.
    Cheers
    Gareth

Take it to any bike shop etc, they should be able to match a kit up for you, just went through the same exercise with the CBR1000rr as it comes with an electronic damper which I removed and replaced with an adjustable WP model.

Comment

dont they race the Z1000 over east :? if they do you will be able to get a mount kit for it.steve cramer imports are the importer i think :roll: have a look at there web site.

are we talking NEW Z1000 or early model?if its early dont bother finding out if you can get a bracket.make one instead.

Comment

Go see Ralph at Northside Kwaka, mention the forum, he'll look after ya.

Comment

Were you up the track on Sunday? If so I saw you have a pretty big wobble getting out of skyline :evil:

Comment

It's an 03 model.
            I was told that the Z1000 they race uses some other make than Ohlins. the one I have is the one with the extra cartridge on the side (non round) so I can't adapt another kit to fit.
            I'll ask at Northside Kwaka too.
            Cheers

Were you up the track on Sunday? If so I saw you have a pretty big wobble getting out of skyline :evil:
            Yeah, that was me! Hence the search for a damper mount. I had a big one coming back down the hill too, I had to be very light on the bars going over the top.

Still the Zed wasn't too bad there, bit soft and poor ground clearance (left most of my foot pegs behind) but good fun. Was the 1st time I'd been there. I'm hungry for some more track time now. You weren't the guy in red leathers on the R6 by any chance were you?

Comment

Hi Gareth....
              Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

Ebay

Comment

wobble or no wobble, u still did well in my opinion lol!
                  but then i am biased

Comment

Steady on Jen, I'll go all red!

Comment

Was the 1st time I'd been there. I'm hungry for some more track time now. You weren't the guy in red leathers on the R6 by any chance were you?
                      red leathers but it was a cbr6. i had a bit of a dice with you for a couple of laps and had a brief chat to you. you should do the racecraft day on the 27th. see below...

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/view...opic.php?t=6043

Comment

Yeah I remember, sorry I thought it was an R6. I'll check out that racecraft thingy tomorrow, cheers.

Comment

Was the damper top mounted or side mountedon the old bike?

coz if it was top mounted you might have probs mounting it on the Z1000 because of the bars.... a side mounted system might suit ya better... and yer exsisting damper might not be suitable (long enough) for use in a side mounted system...

Comment

scrap that.. ive been proved wrong... example, Matris Damper top mounted...

take a look here this might be of some use... e-mail them and see what they have

Comment

buddy...

Clicky Clicky

Comment

Working...
                              X