Multinovas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multinovas

I heard that at traffic lights they're changing the red light cameras to be able to take a photo of the front and back of a vehicle so that they do get caught.... so this is obviously bad for bikes.... but I also heard that they're gonna do the same with multinovas.... give them the capacity to take a photo of the back as well as the front (god knows how).... Anyone heard the same??? If so anyone know when this is happening????
    Meisha.... Personal Trainer.... And Lovin it!!!

Where did you hear this?

Today Tonight?

THey've been talking about turning cameras around for years but secretely the pollies, govt and the police themselves don't want to do that and bring in the owner onus legislation.

As I predicted the Hoon legislation drew our attention away from turning around the cameras (which were due in September 2004).

It will happen eventually...

Comment

Pffft Multinova's ....

And why would the red light cams need to take a pic of the front ??? They already take from the back, no need to see who was driving ....
      Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
      Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

Heard from some peoples on ma mazda forum.... would rather they brought the multinova thang in than the gay hoon laws.... so worried someone is gonna take ma baby away from me!!! As much as I adore a hot bike... I still adore ma 3.

Comment

Gay hoons? YAY - let me at them!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry - couldn't resist

Comment

ROFL

Comment

yeh i remember that melkor, i have been wondering about that september thing but ied heard nothing,
              no doubt its gonna happen soon enough :cry:

Comment

I thought thats why we have regos, to cover our arses....... :? 8)

Comment

Looks like the government is distracted away from the mutinova debate again because they are trying to push through the 1 passenger only rule for p-platers. all you have to do is keep the government distracted and give them less amo to change things like the multinova and it will keep getting delayed.
                  As long as there is an in exhaustable supply of brain dead adolesants being given the keys to daddys HSV and then wiping themselves out we're fine.
                  Moral of the story: even if you are on a bike slow down for the camera (if you can) because the more pictures they have the more likely it is that things will change and dont turn around and try to wheely past it as tempting as it is it wont help us in the long run
                  Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Moral of the story: even if you are on a bike slow down for the camera (if you can) because the more pictures they have the more likely it is that things will change and dont turn around and try to wheely past it as tempting as it is it wont help us in the long run

I totally Agree, just gives them more firepower.
                    I came here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and im all outa bubblegum.

Comment

Thats right if you give them more ammo they will eventually use it. I aways "try" to slow for multinovas (and warn other road users of their presence), though i am not always successful :oops:
                      I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

Looks like the government is distracted away from the mutinova debate again because they are trying to push through the 1 passenger only rule for p-platers. all you have to do is keep the government distracted and give them less amo to change things like the multinova and it will keep getting delayed.
                        As long as there is an in exhaustable supply of brain dead adolesants being given the keys to daddys HSV and then wiping themselves out we're fine.

Good point.... i never really thought of it that way....

Comment

I aways \"try\" to slow for multinovas (and warn other road users of their presence), though i am not always successful
                          i used to do that, and then one day I thought, sure, I might be doing them a favour, but what happens if I warn them, and they slow down for the camera, only to speed up afterwards and hit a little kid crossing the road....
                          how would I feel?

however that said, I'm always appreciative of the warning, but perhaps if you are not aware enough to spot multinovas in time to slow down, then you are either going too fast, (a series 2 XR8 with option brakes can slow from 120km/h to 0 in 40m reportedly) or you need to pay more attention and hence shouldn't be driving.

just my thoughts. (haven't had a ticket in 2.5 years - after getting done 4 or 5 times within 6 months of getting my license)
                          tho i have slowed down a little
                          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Multinovas are revenue not safety orientated. As reported in the weekend paper, Multinova revenue is down but accidents numbers remain the same.

I’m no expert but imo major causes of accidents are inattention, stupidity, poor driver skills and inappropriate speed.
                            I am the old bloke on the black and yellow cbr1krr

Comment

I know. but what i mean is, if you pay enough attention and drive at a reasonable speed (below or above the limit) then you should be able to avoid being done by the cameras. although I know it happens to all of us occasionall, if it's regular enough for you to lose your license, you probably shouldn't have it anyway....
                              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                              X