X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pnork
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim the PM View Post

haha I should have bet someone would make the standard Perth response when someone points out its obvious faults... no wonder it will never improve!
    The bit I was referring to was this:
    Originally posted by Tim the PM
    fuckwit city Perth
    You call this place "fuckwit city Perth"... yet you live here by choice. Who's the fuckwit then?

Leave a comment:

• Tim the PM
    replied
    Originally posted by pnork View Post

You could always leave.
    haha I should have bet someone would make the standard Perth response when someone points out its obvious faults... no wonder it will never improve!

Leave a comment:

• Water pig
    replied
    I had the misfortune to need to be in West Perth at 8.30 this morning, I tend not to go anywhere near peak hour traffic, I took my bike thank fuck, it was raining a bit so every one drove worse than normal, but while splitting /filtering down the freeway I was amazed that I actually had 3 separate cunts try to close the gap and push me into the car in the next lane. No I wasn't hooning or riding in first with the engine screaming, yes I've been filtering for years and have only had a few problems in the past not 3 in 1 day. People seem more than happy to kill someone out of spite
    ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    selfish merging would be one of the major problems with perth, everyone wants that one spot at the front to go nowhere.

i have become a very selfless driver these days, i give everyone plenty of room & never in a rush.. equals out being a cunt on a motorcycle

Leave a comment:

• pnork
    replied
    fuckwit city Perth
    WAY better than Perth
    You could always leave.

Leave a comment:

• =Maz=
    replied
    Love Barbagallo and the WASCC but hate Perth...you're a complex guy Tim.

Leave a comment:

• Tim the PM
    replied
    Perth doesn't just have the worst drivers I've ever experienced, they are so bad they're in another league altogether. My most common reference is England and Europe where I can drive for weeks without a single "WTF" moment but I've just returned from 3 weeks in USA, and drivers there are almost as good as England!

4 way stop signs were the first revelation. They're everywhere, and actually work! Courteous taking turns based on who was next to arrive, and if any doubt someone would always wave the other through. Can you imagine that in fuckwit city Perth??

Lane discipline wasn't as perfect as Europe but still WAY better than Perth, and it didn't really matter so much as on I55 which I used the most, the limit near Chicago is 55MPH but traffic is generally doing at least 75-80! (
    Oh and guess what WAPOL...
    nobody died!!)

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    i noticed tokin hwy last night had 3 towies laying in wait.. must be common, was a surprise to me but i try my hardest not to go down the hill. i can go months with out leaving the hills haha

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    Originally posted by chew View Post
    I had a discussion with the sarge in charge of speed cameras once on this topic.

His take was that is very difficult to enforce and he would like to be busting people for it but when it goes to court how do you prove that a vehicle is travelling at an unsafe distance unless there is an crash?

That sounds like an excuse. Police filmed evidence wouldn't work without a corroborating timestamped speed recording by them, that's agreed. But how hard is that?

Cop standing on overpass with gun. Films car with his gopro on freeway up me bum. Records speed of miscreant in his notebook or voice records on the film of the offender.

1 in 1000 go to court. 999 say ''fkmedrnk, I wont do that anymore."

Leave a comment:

• chew
    replied
    I had a discussion with the sarge in charge of speed cameras once on this topic.

His take was that is very difficult to enforce and he would like to be busting people for it but when it goes to court how do you prove that a vehicle is travelling at an unsafe distance unless there is an crash?

Leave a comment:

• Water pig
    replied
    If the cops started targeting the woeful driving that genuinely causes road trauma, the world would be a far better place. But alas we are forced to listen to the classic "speed kills you your family and puppies and kittens instantly " bullshit over and over

Leave a comment:

• Water pig
    replied
    I think you meant all of the current ,dual cab turbo diesel 4x4s are dickhead vehicles

Leave a comment:

• Hati
    replied
    Originally posted by marras View Post
    I’ve also noticed the new dickhead car is the Ford Ranger.
    And Navara. Don't forget the fucking Navaras...

Leave a comment:

• marras
    replied
    Yep, I’ve noticed most of the time I think to myself get of my ass it’s normally a P plater.

I’ve also noticed the new dickhead car is the Ford Ranger.

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    started a topic Rear.enders

Rear.enders

Traffic around Perth seems to be getting even stupider over the last month. Multi car collisions on freeways and major roads. Lots of rear enders from idiots following far to closely.

It's getting harder for suicidal splitting as cars are not even leaving a bike length between them, making it impossible to slot in the gap. Staying on the split means more exposure to to the increasing number of drivers failing to indicate lane changes.

If WAPOL woke up to fining for following too closely they'd make heaps more money than speeding tickets.

There may even be a spin-off benefit of actually making the roads safer.
Working...
X