replied
    Originally posted by Luko_05 View Post
    I can add more insight.
    Please, don't.

Leave a comment:

• Luko_05
    replied
    Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
    Traffic around Perth seems to be getting even stupider over the last month. Multi car collisions on freeways and major roads. Lots of rear enders from idiots following far to closely.

It's getting harder for suicidal splitting as cars are not even leaving a bike length between them, making it impossible to slot in the gap. Staying on the split means more exposure to to the increasing number of drivers failing to indicate lane changes.

If WAPOL woke up to fining for following too closely they'd make heaps more money than speeding tickets.

There may even be a spin-off benefit of actually making the roads safer.
    - - -

I saw this in a movie once.. it did not end well.. at all.

Long story short.. women.
    Australian women are.. (shrugs shoulders, inviting a Colgate smile) shit.
    (They need to bask in a Muslim country fasting)
    SUV-AWD-4WD on bitumen is an absolute joke.
    I dream of ‘geo picking’ every Ford Ranger in my visual exclusion zone.

Mining Boom.
    Kiwis.. I could just end it there.
    We have attracted every opportunistic dickhead/lesbian Irish drop kick globally.

I am West Australian, and I have a whole lot of hate for this current government. Throw in that Ardern’s suburb and her.
    The bastardisation of the ANZAC.

Lastly.
    4WD’s aren’t sports cars. They’re not even equipped for man hating lesbian soccer mums.

I can add more insight.
    Last edited by Luko_05; 12-09-2019, 10:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BusaSteve
    replied
    Originally posted by Hillz View Post
    fark... what a terrible place we live for driving.. Friday arvo in the torrential rain about 5pm had to pick up some parts from seventh ave maylands. i knew it would be shit but always best to get it out of the way early.. 33.7km each way of hilarious ridiculousness, at least 10 crashes i saw all because no one wants to give anyone any space, in a huge rush to do fuck all.

if we all gave the car in front of us at least 5m or more at all times (ex stopped, taking off & turning) half the country's problems would be solved.

i have been trying to be a better driver for over a year now, plenty of space, always going with the flow, not sitting in right lane it even if going over the limit. just common sense decent person stuff. but if your so far up my ass i cant even see your windscreen over my tray best be ready for a brake check
    it has made car trips bearable with no rage, life is good
    some arshole would fill it...or more often than not several arseholes...

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    fark... what a terrible place we live for driving.. Friday arvo in the torrential rain about 5pm had to pick up some parts from seventh ave maylands. i knew it would be shit but always best to get it out of the way early.. 33.7km each way of hilarious ridiculousness, at least 10 crashes i saw all because no one wants to give anyone any space, in a huge rush to do fuck all.

if we all gave the car in front of us at least 5m or more at all times (ex stopped, taking off & turning) half the country's problems would be solved.

i have been trying to be a better driver for over a year now, plenty of space, always going with the flow, not sitting in right lane it even if going over the limit. just common sense decent person stuff. but if your so far up my ass i cant even see your windscreen over my tray best be ready for a brake check
    it has made car trips bearable with no rage, life is good

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomas Peel View Post
    A different subject mobile phone's ,why can't they focus on them a lot more instead of speed factor,

That would actually mean having more Police out on the roads to actually see an offence and give a ticket as opposed to putting a camera on a straight stretch of highway with an arbitrarily low speed limit and just rake in the cash

roundabout is a great way of controlling traffic if they use their indicators correctly.
    Tp.

I agree to a point in that RaB's do allow a better flow of traffic on the roads and evidence even shows overseas that there are less collisions causing injury with RaB's but we know with govt's it's all about "maximum control" and having lights with camera's do that and give them a revenue stream with the added benefit (to the govt at least) that the delays caused mean people speed more to make up lost time from sitting at lights by speeding and they can put out more speed cameras to increase revenue

Leave a comment:

• Thomas Peel
    replied
    I am on Roe hwy just about every day and you see cars,trucks and motorcyclist who travel with the 3 metre rule not 3 second rule, just two or three days ago 3 trucks came together, quite often you see cars having a love in on Roe hwy.
    A different subject mobile phone's ,why can't they focus on them a lot more instead of speed factor, roundabout is a great way of controlling traffic if they use their indicators correctly.
    Someone who indicates to change lanes correctly should be given a 10 to 15 reduction in a speeding ticket if they have gone over the posted speed.
    Anyhow have the best day possible.
    Tp.

Leave a comment:

• BOFH
    replied
    There is the unofficial "3 second rule". Works at any speed. When the car ahead passes some landmark, count 1 and 2 and 3. If you've passed the landmark before the count, you're too close. Fun can be had doing the same exercise watching other cars ahead. Most I saw this morning were barely 1 second apart. They should definitely be easy to prosecute.

With merging, isn't "merge like a zipper" universal? If not it should be. Forcing drivers in the left lane to wait for the other to be clear results only in more congestion. Potentially 1 lane at 100kph with cars trying to enter from a standing start.

These 2 driver ed failures are interrelated. A better subject for a TV campaign than say, gigantic gumnuts in front of a bike.
    A disturbing fact I learned recently was that only 50 people in the last five years have been charged with following too closely. I'm guessing most of those had already caused a crash.

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    There is the unofficial "3 second rule". Works at any speed. When the car ahead passes some landmark, count 1 and 2 and 3. If you've passed the landmark before the count, you're too close. Fun can be had doing the same exercise watching other cars ahead. Most I saw this morning were barely 1 second apart. They should definitely be easy to prosecute.

With merging, isn't "merge like a zipper" universal? If not it should be. Forcing drivers in the left lane to wait for the other to be clear results only in more congestion. Potentially 1 lane at 100kph with cars trying to enter from a standing start.

These 2 driver ed failures are interrelated. A better subject for a TV campaign than say, gigantic gumnuts in front of a bike.

Leave a comment:

• BusaSteve
    replied
    Originally posted by =Maz= View Post

So, 95% of the members of this forum?!
    I'm pretty sure I can operate the motorcycle, reach-truck, excavator, dump truck, dozer, back-hoe and just about any other piece of plant equipment you want to let me on for 20min to learn.
    Perhaps I should've qualified my comment I believe motorcyclists make far better drivers so all the members here who ride a bike wouldnt be included.

Leave a comment:

• =Maz=
    replied
    Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
    ...the simple fact is Perth drivers are uselss cunts who shouldnt be allowed to control anything more complex than a hoop and stick....
    So, 95% of the members of this forum?!
    I'm pretty sure I can operate the motorcycle, reach-truck, excavator, dump truck, dozer, back-hoe and just about any other piece of plant equipment you want to let me on for 20min to learn.

Leave a comment:

• BusaSteve
    replied
    I disagree with every ones comments the simple fact is Perth drivers are uselss cunts who shouldnt be allowed to control anything more complex than a hoop and stick....and Uber want to have flying taxis ffs! most cant control a vehicle in two axis...three will be beyond them all!!

Leave a comment:

• Para045
    replied
    Originally posted by Hillz View Post
    selfish merging would be one of the major problems with perth, everyone wants that one spot at the front to go nowhere.
    I reckon part of the issue is the change to the laws where it went from give way to the right to the car in front, now everyone wants to be the car in front whereas before if you had a car on your right you knew you had to give way

Leave a comment:

• chew
    replied

That sounds like an excuse. Police filmed evidence wouldn't work without a corroborating timestamped speed recording by them, that's agreed. But how hard is that?

Cop standing on overpass with gun. Films car with his gopro on freeway up me bum. Records speed of miscreant in his notebook or voice records on the film of the offender.

1 in 1000 go to court. 999 say ''fkmedrnk, I wont do that anymore."
    There needs to be a distance mentioned in the code before they can enforce properly. How long is "safe", as long as a piece of string?

I did read once they do enforce this in Israel with fixed cameras on overpasses.

Leave a comment:

• chew
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim the PM View Post
    Perth doesn't just have the worst drivers I've ever experienced, they are so bad they're in another league altogether. My most common reference is England and Europe where I can drive for weeks without a single "WTF" moment but I've just returned from 3 weeks in USA, and drivers there are almost as good as England!

4 way stop signs were the first revelation. They're everywhere, and actually work! Courteous taking turns based on who was next to arrive, and if any doubt someone would always wave the other through. Can you imagine that in fuckwit city Perth??

Lane discipline wasn't as perfect as Europe but still WAY better than Perth, and it didn't really matter so much as on I55 which I used the most, the limit near Chicago is 55MPH but traffic is generally doing at least 75-80! (
    Oh and guess what WAPOL...
    nobody died!!)
    Do not go to Vancouver then it will fuck your theory right up.

Also the worst overtaking move I have ever seen was on the road to Radium near the border of Alberta and BC.

Leave a comment:

• Tim the PM
    replied
    Originally posted by pnork View Post

The bit I was referring to was this:

You call this place "fuckwit city Perth"... yet you live here by choice. Who's the fuckwit then?
    I live here by necessity. My parents are in their 80s and I'm the only son still in Perth (I guess the other 2 are smarter than me) and my daughters are here. I wish I'd visited the US 20 years ago when I could probably have made a good case for getting a green card. Lack of manufacturing industries in England (same here really) is what prevented me from moving back there (most of my quals and experience are in manufacturing management).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X