X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich...
    replied
    [...
    Last edited by Rich...; 04-07-2019, 08:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    Originally posted by Wahoo View Post

Yes they do but the problem with that is that there is additional costs and a delay in sending you the bill, You pay the bill the day you get it, then you get another one with additional costs because you were late paying it.
    Watch what happens to your credit card if you do it in a hire car!

Leave a comment:

• pnork
    replied
    And sorry to cause you to lose some sleep pnork
    That's ok, just try to keep the noise to a dull roar. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
    No loophole. They will stalk you at some stage. Not the Police but some Pubic Serpent in a small white car...

yeah they came to my old place a few times, while i wasn't there. have not seen them since i moved back to the hills. prob have the same idea most city people do "O Mundaring thats ages away, but i'll go to joondalup no worries" i think that up hill transition from concrete to trees can worry some flat landers

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by pnork View Post

I hate to be "that" guy.. again, but fuckit. As has been said on many occasions on this site, you don't LOSE demerit points, you GAIN them.. they're DEmerrit points. You start off with zero demerit points, when you have accrued 12 or more, your license is suspended.

Other than that, thankyou for an informative post And thank christ I don't live in Vic.
    And sorry to cause you to lose some sleep pnork and you are right but I am happy to gain my points back when I go the 3 years and not so happy when I lose them
    This is the wording the Vic police gave: "The permitted demerit point limit is a total of 12 or more demerit points within any 3 yr period... If you incur demerit points above the permitted limit you will be disqualified from driving in Victoria..." Then they give you a list of infringements and points deducted. I figure I have a maximum of 12 points and deduct points from that so I know how many I have left. Technically incorrect but I can handle that .
    OK, tried inserting a smiley face here but will need to get a bit familiar with it... first try

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo
    replied
    Originally posted by vk6hgr View Post
    I wonder how it works with toll roads - do these private companies in Vic have the ability to fine WA drivers?
    Yes they do but the problem with that is that there is additional costs and a delay in sending you the bill, You pay the bill the day you get it, then you get another one with additional costs because you were late paying it.

Leave a comment:

• BusaSteve
    replied
    Just do what I do....dont have a licence to lose points....err sorry Andy... accrue demerit points on...that'll teach em!

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    No loophole. They will stalk you at some stage. Not the Police but some Pubic Serpent in a small white car...

Another tip for the interstate fines (from an Officer I met out the back of Bullamakanka). Pay at the nearest post office after the fine and don't let it go to reminder phase. Points are reciprocal but unless there is an automatic mechanism as per Wahoo's post, they wont manually notify the other state of the accrued points. Unless you don't pay the fine...

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    yeah i would say ive found a loophole, throw money at them & they seem to leave you alone haha

Leave a comment:

• pnork
    replied
    Originally posted by Hillz View Post

i would hate to be that other guy... but your license isn't suspended until they take it off you in person. you get a little letter asking you to come in so they can take it off you. but they close at 4.30
    i have 36 & still have a license
    Hmm - loophole?

Leave a comment:

• Hillz
    replied
    Originally posted by pnork View Post

I hate to be "that" guy.. again, but fuckit. As has been said on many occasions on this site, you don't LOSE demerit points, you GAIN them.. they're DEmerrit points. You start off with zero demerit points, when you have accrued 12 or more, your license is suspended.

Other than that, thankyou for an informative post And thank christ I don't live in Vic.
    i would hate to be that other guy... but your license isn't suspended until they take it off you in person. you get a little letter asking you to come in so they can take it off you. but they close at 4.30
    i have 36 & still have a license

Leave a comment:

• pnork
    replied
    Just found out how States work out the speeding points.
    Fines are instant and you will get your fine sent to your license address unless you get it by hand.
    Each State has a different arrangement between themselves regarding points.
    With Victoria they don't get added to your WA demerit points, but they are counted separately and you don't get notified about points until you only have a few left. You then get a letter saying that Victoria has 12 points and how many you have lost. If you lose 12 points in Victoria on a WA license, you get disqualified from driving in Victoria and from getting a Victorian driver licence/learner permit for a set period.
    Fines are different so be happy with what you have in WA.

Leave a comment:

• vk6hgr
    replied
    I wonder how it works with toll roads - do these private companies in Vic have the ability to fine WA drivers?

Leave a comment:

• Wahoo
    started a topic Speeding in a different State

Speeding in a different State

Just found out how States work out the speeding points.
    Fines are instant and you will get your fine sent to your license address unless you get it by hand.
    Each State has a different arrangement between themselves regarding points.
    With Victoria they don't get added to your WA demerit points, but they are counted separately and you don't get notified about points until you only have a few left. You then get a letter saying that Victoria has 12 points and how many you have lost. If you lose 12 points in Victoria on a WA license, you get disqualified from driving in Victoria and from getting a Victorian driver licence/learner permit for a set period.
    Fines are different so be happy with what you have in WA.

WA:
    <9km/hr = $100 - zero points
    9-19km = $200 - 2 points
    19-29km = $400 - 3 points
    29-40km = $800 - 6 points

Vic:
    <10km/hr = $201 - 1 point
    10-24km/hr = $322 - 3 points
    25-29km/hr = $443 + 3 months suspension
    30-34km/hr = $524 + 3 months suspension

Queensland:
    <13km/hr = $177 - 1 point