riding in Uganda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• riding in Uganda?

anyone done a bike tour in Uganda? please...do tell?
    euphoric, ZRX1200R, XSR900, XR400

sub to see responses.... would be an awesome adventure of a lifetime......(not considering the safety issue)
    "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Fuck that.
      Bloody animals. Then you have the wild life.

Comment

A guy I used to work with rode from Casablanca to Cape Town in 2014 and managed to stay one country ahead of the Ebola outbreak at all times. Said it was an unforgettable trip with minimal really really bad issues, got stuck out in the bush a couple times but always managed to get spares/tyres/fuel sooner or later. I think he used a BMW 1200 from memory, but unsure. He said it's like anything, keep your wits about you, don't do any dumb shit, show the locals some respect and you'll have a pretty good chance of making it out alive. I'm not in touch with him any more though, lost touch a little while back, otherwise I'd get you in touch with him

Comment

https://youtu.be/Ph6IpYBc_JA
          -

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            A guy I used to work with rode from Casablanca to Cape Town in 2014 and managed to stay one country ahead of the Ebola outbreak at all times.

#1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

It would be a hell of an adventure, also keen to see how you go. I'm keen to give a few African nations a shot. Just need to be selective in which nation and when.. timing is everything.

Namibia is on my list, as is Morocco, Kenya, and Tunisia. There is a tiny sliver of Mauritania I want to check out and, once I have a few more qualifications under my belt, flying in and out of Gabon for work will be on the cards.
              Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

We had drill works in Namibia and Tanzania previously, and the op managers always rated them as top rate location to go to...

Went to Zambia last year for work.... nothing good or bad to report.... Lusaka looks like another developing city, while Solwezi is another mining shanty town... have not seen one single wild animal while I was there
                "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

Originally posted by euphoric View Post
                  anyone done a bike tour in Uganda? please...do tell?
                  Have ridden in Tanzania and have just bought 6 Honda CRF250L's for touring duties. Could take them to Uganda if you wanted

Can't work out how to ulpoad a photo but you can the see pics on instagramdotcom/rideafrica/
                  Last edited by Rex Havoc; 09-10-2019, 06:52 PM. Reason: link was screwed up

Himalayan Heroes W E B S I T E , F A C E B O O K

Perth Cafe Racers F A C E B O O K

Comment

Working...
                  X