Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ever is going to [Motorcycle Road Safety Forum], take notes and report the goss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ever is going to [Motorcycle Road Safety Forum], take notes and report the goss!

As some of you may know: There is a road safety commision discussing motorcycle related safety. RSVPs have been sold out so whomever is going let us all fellow enthusiasts in the future of our roads too!!

The Road Safety Council is consulting with people in facilitated forums across WA to share information and to understand what you would support in the State’s next road safety strategy.

Each forum is expected to run for 1 hour 45 minutes. Food and drinks will be provided.

Please RSVP via https://link.rsc.wa.gov.au/rsvp

Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email. The venue will be provided by email one week before the event.

The Council also encourages you to read the
    - consultation paper (https://link.rsc.wa.gov.au/consult) and
    - view our Safe System explanation video (https://imaginezero.rsc.wa.gov.au/videos)

We look forward to seeing and hearing from you soon. For more information, visit https://imaginezero.rsc.wa.gov.au/

@[/SPOILER][/MENTION][/SPOILER][/MENTION]
    }}}]]]]]

Kindness 😁🤗🤗 🏍

Road "Safety" Council....

Ignore everything that could be learnt from real countries and add more speed cameras and increase fines.

Same as was done last time and every other time before that.

Road "revenue" council more apt.
    Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Motorcyclist fatalities have increased 30% since the 2005 baseline. Motorcycle registrations increased by 115% since the 2005 baseline. So that is a significant per capita reduction in fatalities.

7 lives per year will be saved if average speeds dropped by 1kph.

So the toward zero recommendation is to drop open road limits to 100kph and all other posted speeds by 10kph.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

So the Safe System "doesn't blame the driver for the devastation of the crash". The video says that if the speed limit was 80kph instead of the default 100kph Kate would still be alive and Emily would be playing soccer next week and Oliver would grow up knowing his mum. Really tugs at the heart strings, should lower the speed limit to 40 and it will be all wonderful.

Comment

Our laws are being changed to meet the desires of the "slowest common denominator". That inattentive skill-less and clueless group of people that drive like they're on a valium drip.

Comment

The best way to increase safety in motorcyclists in most effective to least effective is the following;

1. Ban all cars, get rid for them entirely so we can get on with it. Anything with a steering wheel can only get in the way or cause you injury, nothing else.
            2. Ban automatic cars, if you can't drive a manual, you don't get to drive FULL FUCKING STOP!!!! Never again will a "wrong pedal" moment result in a tonne of out of control steel.
            3. Mandatory scooter/motorcycle license before being allowed to drive a car - teaches self awareness, and awareness for others. Shit people will die on scooters and not make it to car level.
            4. Actually teach people to drive as opposed to not bumping into shit for 1/2hr while doing their test at 10kph under the limit. Look towards Germany on what is required and the cost of obtaining a license there.
            5. Let us disappear back into the shadows so that only those with a passion for bikes and obtaining the skills to ride them properly will be the ones riding. As opposed to showy fucks who have no clue about either and ride (incredibly shittily I might add) for an image and never progress past their LAMS shitbox with ABS and Traction control as they have no desire to learn.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

its not really going to be a consultation process i think, more of a "brainwash". it shows methodology and theres a section in the outside ring of "advocates and influencers" ( page 24) thats the particular box they are trying to put you in, I dont think their plan or methods are going to be part of the discussion or debatable and it would be a mistake to try and do it. Thats why I wont be going because I have an established history in meetings of not keeping my dumb ass mouth shut.

I also think building the argument ( page 21) to such places as Ireland, Norway, Denmark and Netherlands for highlighting our road fatality rate is fundamentally flawed. Car ownership, car culture and usage there and time spent in car, type of geography and overall distances would be completely different and the availability of good affordable public transport to get around in hte key demographics they are talking about. Drive 400kms in one day here and you dont get anywhere, theres no public transport like a train network or alternatives to do it I'd like to see comparisons with places like the USA and Canada, or our good friends in Russia. Now that would be a comparison.

They also make zero specific mention anywhere of mobile phone usage as a concern........ thats a concern.

I think 50% by 2030 is a message i may agree with, i dont question the idea of improving road safety and thats the only consultation in the whole booklet I see ( page 13 at the bottom) but i dont speak for no one but myself.

So stick that up you ass teflon coated faceless government drones.

As turbo says i beleive its training is the key.

Foil hat on.
              Last edited by Heretic; 19-09-2019, 08:45 AM.
              I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

Yes, comparing apples with fish. Oz is a big place. This idiocy of dropping speeds by 10-20% as the solution when they even reference driving fatigue as a major cause of accidents.

Last year I did 8200km in 9 days of riding. The difficult part was staying awake at 100 or 110kph.

The dangerous part was having to ride at dawn and dusk to meet the 1000km daily target.

Back in the day Police Officers were comfortable to use disgression if you were 20 or 40mph over in the middle of BFNW. They were not brainwashed into thinking a 1kph drop in speed will save 7 lives a year. Now they go ballistic at you if you're doing 10mph over the limit!

Outback riding where the roads are good is safest at 130-150kph. You stay alert, arrive early and judgement is not clouded by fatigue.

In a couple of months I'll be doing a 10,000k trip with 2 weeks travel time. The only part of the journey I'll feel comfortable with is the NT parts where I can legally do 130kph.

The most dangerous part will be Indian Ocean drive on the last day at 85-90 in the 100 zone behind some brainwashed zombie.

Comment

Originally posted by turbor1 View Post
                  the best way to increase safety in motorcyclists in most effective to least effective is the following;
                  moar hi vis
                  quick release lap belts
                  “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Securefoam is the answer.

Comment

I thought your life force had been prematurely terminated.

Needs me some securefoam.

Comment

Working...
                      X