Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repainting bikes, worth it?

Hey all,

A mate of mine is looking to sell his Honda VTX 1300. I'm pretty keen, only problem is it's super orange. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with spray painters in Perth to recommend or even give me a ballpark figure of what I'd be looking at so I'd know if it's worth doing or not. Cheers all

You are probably better off talking to an actual painter like a lot of things it depends, any crash damage you may want fixed how much disassembly is involved are all the parts the same material or do you have some plastic and some metal (different perpetration process) it may also adversely affect the bikes value when you go to sell it as not been the original colour may make buyers think its been crashed at some point.

You may want to consider getting it wrapped all the cool kids are doing it be aware it costs about 60% of what a paint job will and it has a very limited lifespan anecdotally 3-5 years. Motorcycle painters in Perth, Straight Line, Nielson Brothers, Motorcycle Panel and Paint be aware these people have reputations for doing a good job, not necessarily a cheap job.
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
      Motorcycle painters in Perth, Straight Line, Nielson Brothers, Motorcycle Panel and Paint be aware these people have reputations for doing a good job, not necessarily a cheap job.
      Err...not quite in agreement with all you've said here.
      I would advise OP that there are in fact three types of work;
      Good work
      Cheap work
      Fast work
      You only get to chose two at the same time.
      All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
      #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
      Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

talk to potato he's got panel and paint shop up Morley way.
        Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
        remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
        Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
        Who died while defending his right of way;
        He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
        But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
          talk to potato he's got panel and paint shop up Morley way.
          +1 For the Spud
          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
          Originally posted by Phildo
          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
          Originally posted by filbert
          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
          X