Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle licence (rego) costs

Hi

I have a R6 and my Licence/ Insurance Policy Renewal costs $78.10 for 12 months but for a GSXR 1000 it costs around $350.

why such a big price difference?

How much do you guys pay and for what CC

Age of the two bikes?

A superbike is the most expensive bike you can insure...just the way it is. The insurance companies have worked out where their biggest losses come from and charge accordingly. I can fully insure my mid-sized naked bike about 4 times over for what it costs to insure the GSXR1000
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Originally posted by =Maz= View Post
      Age of the two bikes?

A superbike is the most expensive bike you can insure...just the way it is. The insurance companies have worked out where their biggest losses come from and charge accordingly. I can fully insure my mid-sized naked bike about 4 times over for what it costs to insure the GSXR1000
      R6 is 2008 and GSXR 1000 2005. I mean the government rego not private insurance. I think they made a mistake on my R6 as my friend pays $350 for his GSXR 600.

Comment

WA Govt total cost should be $375.90 each for both bikes.
        The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
          WA Govt total cost should be $375.90 each for both bikes.
          Thanks. My R6 must have been first registered as a scooter or something lol

Comment

damn... thats cheap for a R6
            "Always look at where you want to go, never at where you are afraid to go" - My riding instructor

Comment

why such a big price difference?

some just keep binning their shit some multiple times then they buy a gsxr 1000 or similar makes it dearer for the rest of us.

Comment

You sure you're not looking at the 3 month option?

If it's $78 for the year, keep your mouth shut and pay it before they realise their mistake.
                Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

It's a rip off by the state government. How can they justify paying that just to legally ride on their rough roads. Way over priced but typical of an expensive state to live.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotcha6669 View Post
                    It's a rip off by the state government. How can they justify paying that just to legally ride on their rough roads. Way over priced but typical of an expensive state to live.
                    You haven't been to victoria or queensland recently, the roads are worse and they pay a lot more. Most of your rego costs aren't paying for the roads its the third party injury insurance (nb this gives you no proptery coverage whatsoever) Old king Col a few years ago introduced no fault coverage which did line us up with the rest of the country, which is privatised, and managed to increase the cost approx $100 per vehicle.
                    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

WA is cheap. Drz400 is $890 in NT.
                      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                        You sure you're not looking at the 3 month option?

If it's $78 for the year, keep your mouth shut and pay it before they realise their mistake.
                        This 100%
                        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                        Originally posted by Phildo
                        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                        Originally posted by filbert
                        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
                        X