2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R SP Fireblade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Honda CBR1000RR-R SP Fireblade

So a new Fireblade to come out next year, some impressive specs going from the links No V4 RC212 derivative as was rumoured just a "normal" inline 4 configuration but with some decent tech
    Beautiful looking machine IMHO, pity that it looks as though we'll only be getting the top of the range model with all the fruit so the price will likely be ridiculously high
    One article is quoting 160Kw
    @ 14,500 & 113 Nm @ 12,500 which puts it up there with the ZX10RR Might be interesting for WSBK in the next year or so?

New motor is a compact, short-stroke layout – sharing the bore and stroke of the RC213V – and features a semi-cam gear train, finger-follower rocker arms, titanium con-rods, RC213V-S internal friction reduction technologies, piston jets with check ball system and a built-in bottom bypass passage for the cylinder water jacket.

A ram-air duct in the front fairing tip feeds through the headstock directly into the airbox. The 4-2-1 exhaust downpipes are ovalized and the end-can has been developed in conjunction with Akrapovic.
    Actually a reasonably nice looking exhaust for a new bike

Throttle By Wire has been enhanced for improved feel and three default riding modes feature options to change Power, Engine Brake, Wheelie Control and the
    optimised Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC). The electronics package also now includes adjustable Start Mode added to
    Power, Engine Brake & Wheelie Control with a quick shifter as standard. An aluminium diamond frame with a longer RCV213V-S-style swingarm, 3-level Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD) and second-generation Öhlins Smart Electronic Control (S-EC) suspension and user interface.
    New 43mm Öhlins NPX front fork and second-generation Öhlins Object Based Tuning interface (OBTi) offers finer control of settings front and rear. The front discs are larger in diameter and worked by new Brembo Stylema four-piston calipers while the ABS is adjustable for track riding. (I can see Turbo groaning already )
    Rear tyre is now sized 200/55-ZR17.

A six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) provides accurate 3D estimation of riding dynamics and provides input to manage all of the electronic systems. It also controls the new rod-type 3-level Honda Electronic Steering Damper (HESD).

Honda’s RC213V MotoGP machine has
    leant some of its slippery aerodynamics to the CBR1000RR-R Fireblade SP, including winglets to increase downforce and improve braking stability. The riding position is also much more compact. The fully customisable 5-inch TFT display offers intuitive control operated via a simplified four-way switch on the left handlebar. Honda’s Smart Key system adds convenience.

MCNews.com.au - 2020 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade @ 217 hp

Australian Motorcycle News.com.au - SP Fireblade headed for Oz in 2020
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Another link

Cycleworld.com - 2021 Honda CBR1000RR-R Chassis is Aimed at World Superbike
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Although I've finally accepted that I'm a Yamaha rider through and through (only took 15 years), some of the technology being released in modern superbikes is absolutely brilliant. The new V4 Ducati, the BMW and now the Honda are releasing some amazing technology developments and are really taking a step forward vs where they all stagnated from from 2012 to 2017. First the Yamaha with it's advanced electronics, then the GSXR with the variable cams, now BMW, Honda & Ducati releasing their new models

Its great to see that factory commitment to these amazing machines, especially considering the sales figures.

Looking forward to a new bike next year
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the bike is like in "Real World" situations...rather than magazine reviews and promotional material.

Having ridden a 2017 ZX10RR in the country, a little urban riding and on the track I would be impressed with anything produced for the same money...and that's the rub. Honda will probably never compete at the price-point that Suzuki and Kawasaki do.
        Most of the Superbikes are pretty shit as general purpose bikes. So, unless you plan to turn your Superbike into a Track/Race weapon it needs to be fit for multiple purposes...most are lacking in this area
        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

it does look pretty sweet hey, styling much better than where it was 8-10 years back, i too like the exhaust, winglets add something new i guess but the biggest improvement is the extra R, when 2 R's are just not gonna cut it anymore for street cred, like having that guitar amp that goes to 11.

I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

It's a Honda, it'll be like the rest, but boring.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
              X