Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commuter tire sizes and rims.. Recommendations ploise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commuter tire sizes and rims.. Recommendations ploise.

So i've been commuting on light road bikes for far too long and i baby them and their 800g carbon rims at all times. I like the feel and speed but i'm thinking i'd like to go a little wider and fatter with the intention of hitting kerbs and the odd bunny hop off any lips i can find.. I'm 100kg so no light weight.

I'm picking up a pretty solid looking carbon bike soon for this purpose and wonder how thick is reasonable to avoid damage from impacts. 28mm and mavic cxp 22's? Or would i need to consider something chunkier like 35mm tires?

Indecently i spotted a chap around town recently who seemed to be riding something like 40mm slicks on an otherwise ordinary looking road bike. He caught a decent bit of air intentionally off the lip of a kerb and didn't slow down one bit.appvalley tutuapp tweakbox
    Last edited by tony77; 09-12-2019, 06:15 AM.

Are you talking about a Carbon push bike?
    All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
    #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
    Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Obviously didn't see "Motor" in "Motorcycle Topics."

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
        Obviously didn't see "Motor" in "Motorcycle Topics."
        Or read even one thread...bloody pushie riders. lol
        All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
        #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
        Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Working...
        X