X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a Brother with a broken back

Hi All,

I'll try to keep this brief.

I broke my back in May 2019 (not bike related), I currently have a GSXR1000 and SV650s.

I'm thinking of selling both to get just one bike, a more upright one to ease the pain while riding.

Does anyone (preferably NOR) have a Suzuki SV1000s or SV1000n I could come sit on to see if the different riding positions are more comfortable?

Thanks!

Originally posted by MattV_SV View Post
    Hi All,

I'll try to keep this brief.

I broke my back in May 2019 (not bike related), I currently have a GSXR1000 and SV650s.

I'm thinking of selling both to get just one bike, a more upright one to ease the pain while riding.

Does anyone (preferably NOR) have a Suzuki SV1000s or SV1000n I could come sit on to see if the different riding positions are more comfortable?

Thanks!
    What sort of break? I broke mine years ago (crush fracture) plus I have had a rooted lower back for a bit longer and I ride an R1 which is pretty comfortable as I am bent over and use my knees to hold myself up.

I rode a mates Harley recently (a more upright position) and my back hated it. Legs and arse were numb after about 15 minutes, had to pull over as I thought I might have trouble getting my leg down when they were numb. After a bit of a walk around I went about 1/2 before the numbness began again - so an improvement. Definitely cured me of thinking about owning one of those things.

So vertical seating positions are not good for me but might suit you. Go for an extended test ride before changing bikes.

Comment

Working...
    X