Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acdcfan View Post

Where you've been ?
    I moved to Sydney in 2015. Been busy working, isolating, more working and more isolating. HBU?
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

• Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
      It is sad this and other forums have come to this...I still come on for a look see but don't have a bike anymore with little possibility of getting another any time soon. Plus I am not interested in doing all day rides anymore....I wonder if many feel the same.
      I was in Canberra when I first started reading this forum, then moved to Sydney, but with the internet it doesn't really matter where you are. Most forums seem to have gone the way of the Dodo. This one was one of the best due to the sheer volume of people on it at any one time and the number of active threads. I still go for long all day rides (fortunately you can still ride most of the day over here and not see many people at all) and I don't mind romantic walks on the beach at sunset.

Comment

• I reckon a lot of people wandered off while PSB was offline for a long time. I see a lot of comments about the database getting too large, but forums like seabreeze.com.au have a similar number of posts and I don't remember it failing in the last decade, despite being free.
        -

Comment

• Life changes along with abilities and interests. I still come in and check occasionally and then disappear for months. Buying a caravan has changed our lives for the better! Watching bikes go past is always great though. I still have two bikes and ain’t giving up anytime soon. My favourite ride is quite different from where I expected to be. Long days on sports bikes and my body just isn’t what it used to be. Night riding in groups isn’t what it used to be.

it has been replaced by a RE Himalayan. This bike got me back, it is perfect for my style of riding. Just back from four day ride with my brother on his Himalayan. I tried riding like my last trail bike 47 years ago. It was much harder lol. I remember when ……. There it goes again! Yes now where was I? Yes - when the first thing I did after work was log in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Graelin View Post
            Life changes along with abilities and interests. I still come in and check occasionally and then disappear for months. Buying a caravan has changed our lives for the better! Watching bikes go past is always great though. I still have two bikes and ain’t giving up anytime soon. My favourite ride is quite different from where I expected to be. Long days on sports bikes and my body just isn’t what it used to be. Night riding in groups isn’t what it used to be.

it has been replaced by a RE Himalayan. This bike got me back, it is perfect for my style of riding. Just back from four day ride with my brother on his Himalayan. I tried riding like my last trail bike 47 years ago. It was much harder lol. I remember when ……. There it goes again! Yes now where was I? Yes - when the first thing I did after work was log in here.
            Does not matter the road or destination, just that you still do.
            yes, i am ignorant
            yes, i am a prick
            no, i don't care
            you make me sick

Comment

• Originally posted by Graelin View Post

I have great respect for the RE Himalayan after riding one along with a bunch of others, for a couple of weeks through the Himalayas.
              -

Comment

• I'm sure hoping forums come back, I've really tired of social media and make a point of not looking at it. Here's hoping for a return to the glory days of PSB. The Farcebook pages just don't do it for me for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psyched View Post
                  I'm sure hoping forums come back, I've really tired of social media and make a point of not looking at it. Here's hoping for a return to the glory days of PSB. The Farcebook pages just don't do it for me for some reason.
                  Stalkbook is only really good for marketplace.

Forums used to have a wealth of information, I knew about the 2nd gear recall on the 2016 R1 before mandurah yamaha.
                  "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

• Originally posted by Psyched View Post
                    I'm sure hoping forums come back, I've really tired of social media and make a point of not looking at it. Here's hoping for a return to the glory days of PSB. The Farcebook pages just don't do it for me for some reason.
                    We can only hope. If people start posting, just maybe.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post

Stalkbook is only really good for marketplace.

Forums used to have a wealth of information, I knew about the 2nd gear recall on the 2016 R1 before mandurah yamaha.
                      Originally posted by Psyched View Post
                      Agreed. Forums are organised and allow easy searches for relevant info. "Social" media is about as organised as a 1 year old on meth. Even market place sucks because peeps don't say what part of Perth they reside in. Sure, stalkbook allows easier photo uploads but thats all it has going for it.

Comment

• 10:10pm, 2 users online, thats 100% improvement on this time yesterday, keep it up!

Comment

• Originally posted by datsikk View Post

Okay, lets say I contribute financially, how will that get more peeps to post and have discussions?
                          I did not say it would, we all did because we loved the place and it helped us to take ownership.
                          Women are like motorcycles, they should be ridden hard and kept well lubricated ...

Comment

• Thread shitters and grammar nazi killed off forums
                            "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

• Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
                              Thread shitters and grammar nazi killed off forums
                              I'd argue the consolidation of the internet from a heap of smaller sites, forums and communities to a few big social media sites and the web 2.0ification helped.

Comment

Working...
                              X