• Show
Clear All

• Barfridge
    replied
    Originally posted by AZAZL View Post
    Have to pop in more often now. Curious what bike Barfy's going to get next
    uh, no idea.
    Step 1 is to get a house
    Step 2 is to replace my car which is almost 20 years old, is still reliable but my confidence in it staying that way is dropping
    Step 3 is another bike, fuck knows what it will be

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelly.999 View Post

The real llbuono is gone sadly the date is correct he was my friend i saw him pass, living with what happened in 1988 has been very hard his stories are true sadly not mine!

I actually told Azazl in the Kalamunda hotel i was not llbuono he didn't get it he still doesn't.

The English language is a strange thing. Many people use all sorts of words to avoid using the words dead, die or death. Sometimes they make me chuckle. Like in this example.

When they die, they don't pass. They fail.

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    Originally posted by marras View Post

AZAZL you’ve missed the boat because you haven’t been here. Kelly 999 is Lilboner.
    I have it on good authority he isn't.

Now where has the sarcasm font gone

Leave a comment:

• Kelly.999
    replied
    Originally posted by marras View Post

AZAZL you’ve missed the boat because you haven’t been here. Kelly 999 is Lilboner.
    The real llbuono is gone sadly the date is correct he was my friend i saw him pass, living with what happened in 1988 has been very hard his stories are true sadly not mine!

I actually told Azazl in the Kalamunda hotel i was not llbuono he didn't get it he still doesn't.
    Last edited by Kelly.999; 24-06-2020, 07:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• marras
    replied
    Originally posted by AZAZL View Post

You're talking about the wrong LLbuono. The PSB LLbuono would be 58 right now if he's alive. He had lots and lots and lots of 80's stories about all the riding he didn't do. 💤💤💤

Younger people tend not to inhabit forum style chat rooms.

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelly.999 View Post

There is no llbuono he was killed in 1988 cool harley i have never heard of but llbuono he was something else he would be over 70 if he was still alive.
    You're talking about the wrong LLbuono. The PSB LLbuono would be 58 right now if he's alive. He had lots and lots and lots of 80's stories about all the riding he didn't do. 💤💤💤

Younger people tend not to inhabit forum style chat rooms.

Leave a comment:

• AZAZL
    replied
    When PSB was off-line I had to use FB... Hate the stalkerbook but have done a couple of PSB posts on FB.

I popped into here recently looking for some gear and got some, so even at the worst of times, PSB still delivers!

If I ride with anyone else now it's closed group private ninja stuff for comms.

Have to pop in more often now. Curious what bike Barfy's going to get next

Leave a comment:

• SIR sparks a lot
    replied
    Originally posted by carbon-rod View Post

Yeah, agreed, one more app...I guess it was more about having notifications when a ride is on / in your area as a way of notifying someone in a dedicated manner, so not even using it for chatting or anything... Facebook just isn't really conducive of proper threads is it, it's so hard to find anything, search is shit etc, I guess the big draw was the regular rides, that's what got people together and then the forum kind of followed because everyone knew each other.. Not sure if making an app to 'find rides in your area' (maybe it could find hot singles in your area too?) would stimulate more people to add more regular rides / easier to find a ride..

If anyone can do it then it will be you haha

Leave a comment:

• datsikk
    replied
    So I floated the idea of making a basic app just to organise rides ageeees ago... something that would scrape/integrate with the forum, could even have a notification when a ride pops up 'near me'... thoughts?
    If someone wanted a group ride, they used to come on here and then maybe saw an interested thread and so they then contributed. By having an app for rides, you further dilute the forum as peeps will use it rather than coming on here and posting.

Leave a comment:

• Wedge
    replied
    Still around, but as others have alluded to, most of us went away after forum problems and increased risk of monetary fines. I've now moved to the USA where the only police cameras on the roads are those pinned to the cops shirts. Love the approach over here to speeding and road rules.

Leave a comment:

• thro
    replied
    I think that perhaps the first thing that needs to be identified are the problems people have that prevent them from being involved.

I think IRC + Google groups (usenet) would actually be a workable solution to fix some of the reliability/maintenance issues, but it's a lot more old school and not as flashy. But, they also don't involve the massive invasion of privacy like social media such as Facebook incur.

IRC can be very resilient to failure as it runs on a network of many servers
    Ditto for usenet

That would solve the issue of the forum software going down or having to be paid for by someone to run it.

But that's not the only issue. I'm sure there are plenty of others.

Leave a comment:

• carbon-rod
    replied
    Originally posted by thro View Post

Whilst I admire the commitment... it's just something else someone has to commit to installing, and I'm not sure that building something on top of the forum (i.e., auto-scraping it for data because the end user doesn't log in) will help with the running costs, which I'm sure are a thing.

I'm not sure what the "solution" is, but I think as far as PSB the social circle goes the eventual replacement will be something that isn't a forum.

Maybe google groups + IRC or something of the like? (Back to old-school usenet + IRC, lol).
    Yeah, agreed, one more app...I guess it was more about having notifications when a ride is on / in your area as a way of notifying someone in a dedicated manner, so not even using it for chatting or anything... Facebook just isn't really conducive of proper threads is it, it's so hard to find anything, search is shit etc, I guess the big draw was the regular rides, that's what got people together and then the forum kind of followed because everyone knew each other.. Not sure if making an app to 'find rides in your area' (maybe it could find hot singles in your area too?) would stimulate more people to add more regular rides / easier to find a ride..

Leave a comment:

• thro
    replied
    So I floated the idea of making a basic app just to organise rides ageeees ago... something that would scrape/integrate with the forum, if someone creates a ride on in the loop, they will put some specifics in a format such as droppimg a google maps pin or have a dedicated field... but you could add rides on the app, get noticications of new rides, have in/out/mirkz buttons, could even have a notification when a ride pops up 'near me'... thoughts?
    Whilst I admire the commitment... it's just something else someone has to commit to installing, and I'm not sure that building something on top of the forum (i.e., auto-scraping it for data because the end user doesn't log in) will help with the running costs, which I'm sure are a thing.

I'm not sure what the "solution" is, but I think as far as PSB the social circle goes the eventual replacement will be something that isn't a forum.

Maybe google groups + IRC or something of the like? (Back to old-school usenet + IRC, lol).

Leave a comment:

• carbon-rod
    replied
    So I floated the idea of making a basic app just to organise rides ageeees ago... something that would scrape/integrate with the forum, if someone creates a ride on in the loop, they will put some specifics in a format such as droppimg a google maps pin or have a dedicated field... but you could add rides on the app, get noticications of new rides, have in/out/mirkz buttons, could even have a notification when a ride pops up 'near me'... thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• whowalks
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkit View Post
    I sometimes still have a look, I was never a really active poster though. I moved up North in 2015, still ride most days, and have ridden down to Perth a few times.
    I have a lurk every once and a while but no longer FIFO so much less time on line at work LOL

It would be nice if it got some traction but most forums are in a similar state every one has gone to Facebook groups

Leave a comment:

Working...
X