Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to take your sports bike for vehicle inspection prior to rego ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to take your sports bike for vehicle inspection prior to rego ?

Hi Folks,

After advice on a good place (or a bike friendly place) to take your bike for a vehicle inspection before getting it back on the road after being 4 years up on stands.

2000 ZX-12R - just had new rubber, new bake pads and full brake service. Got a Yoshi pipe that's pretty loud (lost all it's packing) - not sure if they will ping me for that ?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Chewie......

Depends where you are. I use Motorcycle Masters in Kewdale for maintenance/repairs and coincidently they are also an Inspection centre.

Not sure about 'conflict of interest' issues, but I trust them with my bike, so I can't see that they'd take the p!ss too much when it comes to 'getting ready for inspection'.

They might be able to make it a seemless same-day process?

Comment

I have used Steve's in Midland in the past, no issues.

Comment

Can't help with an inspection place but I'd suggest repacking the Yoshi beforehand to reduce any issues! AFAIK there isn't any specific test on exhaust noise (never used to be anyway) compared to over east but if it's obnoxiously loud it would be knocked back
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
        X