Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAMs to Open class convertable bikes

Hey.

I am looking for bikes that are LAMs bikes but via a chip can be converted to open class. I know that the Kawasaki ER-6n is one such type of bike, can anyone tell me others?

Originally posted by Attiq View Post
    Hey.

I am looking for bikes that are LAMs bikes but via a chip can be converted to open class. I know that the Kawasaki ER-6n is one such type of bike, can anyone tell me others?
    Not really any that are truly convertible, yes there are a couple that are restricted and can be de-restricted to make them a theoretical "open class" bike but a bit pointless really as it's not like you're going from a 250 to a 1000 just by doing a quick mod 🙄
    They could never be converted back legally to a LAMS bike and therefore lose value and the gains would be minimal, better off selling as a LAMS and buying something bigger 😉
    #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
    Originally posted by Phildo
    Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
    Originally posted by filbert
    i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
    Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

When lams first came out the dealers lied about the LAms being convertible. Not many were without taking the engine out, some had throttle, cpu, fuel injectors limiters. Dont know how it is now, but I doubt many have been converted or can be easily as replacing the onboard computer, or upgrading to a powercommander or smthng. Best just do what everyone used to, get a 250/lams secondhand, and sell it close to the market value/what your bought it for.

personally it seems that the 250class has been invaded with lams, because 250cc bikes in Au dont sell well, and second hand market was vibrant. Now with all the lams, there are less second hand bikes and cars all around as each year there are limited run models so its hard to find cheap wrecker parts. Big boost to new sales though. So here we are, 250s dont sell, and Lams are being sold with a lie to being able to be derestricted. End result is we still have a second hand market for lams bikes as 250cc class shrinks.

Comment

Yer the 250 market is dead now with LAMS, I bought a VTR250 to use till the bobber arrives but I know it will be a hard sell when time comes.
        Was expecting lots of parts to buy off eBay for it but there is sweet FA.

The motorcycle market is shrinking according to AMCN, not many young people wanting to buy a road bike.
        "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
          Yer the 250 market is dead now with LAMS, I bought a VTR250 to use till the bobber arrives but I know it will be a hard sell when time comes.
          Was expecting lots of parts to buy off eBay for it but there is sweet FA.

The motorcycle market is shrinking according to AMCN, not many young people wanting to buy a road bike.
          And what is needed now to get R-E class is one of the reasons too

Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
          remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
          Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
          Who died while defending his right of way;
          He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
          But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Working...
          X