Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mobile mechanic south of the river - any demand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobile mechanic south of the river - any demand?

Hi Guys, long time lurker first time poster. Interested to know the demand for mobile mechanics SOR.

Bit of background I'm a mechanic of 20+ years covering just about everything, all starting out with bikes. Currently I run my own business as a mobile mechanic focused on cars, light commericals and trailers based near Freo. The other day I had a customer with an old Honda CB1100 with carby issues who went to Planet Honda for a service and was told they don't work on anything older than 10 years (!) and to find an "old school" mechanic to help setup his carbs... After a dicusssion I decided to help him with some rejetting, balancing etc

Got me thinking - would people be interested in more of the same? Maybe even servicing etc.

I guess I'm an "old school" bike mechanic having done my time in the mid - late 90s in the UK when carbs were king and fuel injection was largely unheard of. Endless dyno runs and rejetting was the norm and a lot of fun, couldn't have done better time than for the race workshop I used to work for. Many happy hours spent rebuilding the race 2 stroke engines of the RC350s we ran back then for fun.

Would be really interested in your feedback!

Cheers

Mods - hope I'm not breaking any rules here, this post is purely informative not intended as advertising.

Hello buddy.
    I'm in a bit of a jam. Thought I would change my chain but the the tool I borrowed is stripped. Can you do a rivet job on my chain In the next day or so? Planning a ride next week so it would be highly appreciated.
    Regards Rob

Comment

Originally posted by foster37 View Post
      Hello buddy.
      I'm in a bit of a jam. Thought I would change my chain but the the tool I borrowed is stripped. Can you do a rivet job on my chain In the next day or so? Planning a ride next week so it would be highly appreciated.
      Regards Rob
      Thanks for the reply mate. Sadly I wouldn't be able to get to you anytime soon. Honestly I'd suggest you go and pick one up, definitiely a handy bit of kit. Hope you get it sorted 👍

Comment

I may be interested in serving my Kwaka 650...oil and coolant. not sure about pads. When I squeeze front brake, brake light don't' come up, rear works OK. Connection ?
        Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
        remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
        Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
        Who died while defending his right of way;
        He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
        But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post
          I may be interested in serving my Kwaka 650...oil and coolant. not sure about pads. When I squeeze front brake, brake light don't' come up, rear works OK. Connection ?
          Hey mate, thanks for the comment. If the rear is working fine then it's more than likely the switch and/or connection. Normally pretty simple fix. Great to hear you're interested in a possible service, I'm keen to start helping people out. Happy to chat more - PM me if you like and we can line up a chat 👍
          aussiepom
          Inactive Member
          Last edited by aussiepom; 04-01-2022, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aussiepom View Post

Hey mate, thanks for the comment.
            Do you work saturdays?
            Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot
            remember opinions are like assholes everybody will have one
            Here lies the body of Dorian Grey
            Who died while defending his right of way;
            He was right, oh so right, as he journeyed along
            But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong

Comment

Originally posted by acdcfan View Post