Pocket bikes @ Channel 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket bikes @ Channel 7

The wife just let me know that Channel 7 are doing a show on pocket bikes.

Is it Today Tonight or News?

Anyone going to be famous?
    My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
    Motorcycle Panel & Paint
    Q-Zar Fremantle
    Rated-R Parts
    PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
    Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
    CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
    Carpet Liquidators - Midland

nothing like a bit of publicity for them. :roll: me thinks dubs will get a few more orders after this.

And heres a transcript of tonights story

..and now a TT exclusive. Those hooligans at perthextreme we uncovered and exposed earlier in the year are creating yet more ways to become deviants flouting the law & endangering you life. Prowling the streets looking for old ladies to terrorise in carparks. We are not safe, Heres grant dorrington with his thoughts....

My name is Grant Dorrington. Im a big asshead. Im important and everyone listens to me. These minitruae BIKES OF DEATH are relly bad mmmmk. Ive seen them ON THERE BACK WHEEL FOR 4 or 5 KMS, AND THEY HAD THERE PLATES COVERED!. conficated there bikes. lock them up. Our grandparents should not have to live in fear. Just likten to Dr Sadaka(sp?)

[indian accent]oh my. these bike are bad. if they hit you in your 4-wheel drive while you talking on your phone, you might sctrach the paint on your car! or worse, they may dent a panel. We must BAN thses miniture humal catapults and lock up these fiends......who needs the quick-e-mart[/accnet]

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Comment

V good TRX, Cracked me up!!
      222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

funny cause it's true!!!
        If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Comment

i was at causeway motorcycles when the reporter came in and asked to do an interview.i asked is it a bad story about how dangerous they are for kids etc.she said they are just doing a story on the facts about them.i spoke to dale and said not do it,in front of the bitch
          he then said are f#$k it, what harm can it do :?

we will see what happens tonight its on the news 6pm channel 7

Comment

My name is Grant Dorrington. Im a big asshead. Im important and everyone listens to me.
            Yeah right, he likes to think so :oops:

V Funny TRX 8)
            Quote: "What do i like about the GP?......The Crumpet I S&#39;pose" <span style="font-family:Times">The Late Barry Sheene &#39;01</span>

Comment

*points up to gohan's post and sighs*

Now how do i set the timer on the vcr :roll:

Just wait to ma and pa citizen get on the band wagon start calling the cops whenever they hear these little bikes - "oh I cant stand the noise these bikes make for an hr or so in the afternoon, but i will cut my grass at 7am sunday morning and wake everyone up!" :evil: :evil:

Comment

oh I cant stand the noise these bikes make for an hr or so in the afternoon, but i will cut my grass at 7am sunday morning and wake everyone up!\"  :evil:  :evil:
                I was thinking the same. Had this exact problem with neighbours when living with my parents. (riding the dirtbike (relatively quiet 4stroke) on the waterboard access track. They complained. Asked another friendly neighbour with 5 acres of bush if I could use that and then there was nothing the others could do. )

Maybe I should look at fitting little (pretendy?) blades to the back tyre and calling it a "ride on lawnmower." :twisted:

Comment

Its funny how they will prolly bag pocketbikes which mainly do 50km/h yet...

A few weeks ago they did a story praising a women who gets dragged on a car bonnet along a paddok by a car and she reaches speeds of 80km/h.
                  HAHAHA!

I saw the preview for this pocketbike story and it seems as though its more based on the fact that these bikes can be sold to kids of any age, which can then prove to be dangerous for children, which is fair enough i spose, but we will just have to wait and see.....

Comment

can be sold to kids of any age, which can then prove to be dangerous for children,
                    man when i was 6, i would have traded my lil Z50 for a pocket bike anyday!! :twisted: :twisted:

daamm tha chicks would have been all ova me!!!

Comment

Its funny how they will prolly bag pocketbikes which mainly do 50km/h yet...

A few weeks ago they did a story praising a women who gets dragged on a car bonnet along a paddok by a car and she reaches speeds of 80km/h.
                      Get a woman on a pocket bike and it will be all "yay, go equality" ...GPX_Gal? - you up for some good publicity?

I saw the preview for this pocketbike story and it seems as though its more based on the fact that these bikes can be sold to kids of any age, which can then prove to be dangerous for children, which is fair enough i spose, but we will just have to wait and see.....
                      Remember this is the unbiased, non-sensationlist, commercial stations that don't need ratings to stay profitable!! Therefore we will continue to have balanced, sensible stories (oops... "news") on these channels. :shock:
                      Kids can go buy Drano from a supermarket and drink it if they like. :roll: Maybe thats tomorrows story??...

How many kids have $500+ to spend without their parents knowledge/supervision?????
                      [/rant]

Comment

Whatever happens i'm gonna ride my all day

Wooohoooo Pocket Rockets away ....
                        Dale Britton MotorCycles: 5/115
                        Albany Hwy, Vic Park, Ph: 9470-1234 ...

Kim Britton Kawasaki: 91 Dixon Rd, Rockingham, Ph: 9592-1113 ...

Comment

did any1 see the segment? caus i must have missed it.
                          "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he&#39;s back in town and wants your number"

Comment

I saw it... "Disaster Waiting To Happen....." I thought it was a load of rubbish.

They reckon they have to be registered - without engine numbers, I'd like to know how ...

And you HAVE to wear a 'special' helmet that meets with Australian Standards
                            Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

they do have engine numbers, unless thats a generic part number ive seen
                              "Did you ever blow bubbles as a kid? Well he&#39;s back in town and wants your number"

Comment

Working...
                              X