02 fireblade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 fireblade question

Edited : Two of my mates went to have a look today, its an 02 954, with 3,700 on it. Guess it wouldnt make much of a difference? Bit more of a bargain i think..

Just a quick question, I'm looking at an 01 fireblade with only 3000 ks on it, could this be a bad thing in any way with so little k's?
    Especially in terms of water sitting in the motor not moving at all?
    Who would you guys reccomend do a check on it?
    Cheers for any help.

try MDH Tuning, in east Vic Park
    If life is a journey to death, then i want to just barely make it... skidding in sideways out of gas with smoke rolling from the motor on two bald tires, still drunk from last night and still owing everyone money!!!

Comment

try MDH Tuning, in east Vic Park
      I second that, I've heard a lot of good things about MDH Tuning, take it out there mate.

Comment

Swap?

I will swap you my 01 with 28 K for your 01 with 3 k, and that way u will be ok!!!
        The Twitter

Comment

I don't see it being any problem at all. No bike runs water in there cooling system (you should not - unless your racing) Coolent. You will most likely find the owner was one of those part time riders that never rode in the wet, or in winter. A wonabee bike rider.

Just do some home work, check sump plugs etc, for lock wire or drill holes, if you can remove radiator cap check for corrosion, front brake disc are not dis-coloured blue from excessive heat.
          Also check service book, ring dealer and ask for info.

If all is good, it would be a good buy. Just take it in for a service to change all fluids.

How much are they asking for??

Comment

I dont see a problem. My blade with 500km on the clock was put on stands in a shed for 3 1/2 years. As long as it is serviced properly and flushed she should be all good. been riding for a year and a half now without a problem. Just got to look after her.

Comment

He's asking 12500, but I wanted to see if it would be a problem first. I guess if its been started regularly it would be ok, but have been told that if it hasn't, there could be problems. Im going to get it checked for sure before I buy it.

Comment

He's asking 12500, but I wanted to see if it would be a problem first. I guess if its been started regularly it would be ok, but have been told that if it hasn't, there could be problems. Im going to get it checked for sure before I buy it.
                Better to be safe, peice of mind :idea:

What else does the bike come with, pipe, screen etc.
                There is a brand new 954 at Prestige for $14990 (last one in the country), compare price to that.

Comment

Yep its the blue one at that, at least you will have waranty with it.... if your budget will let u do it ...... :twisted:

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

For 2,500 difference, I'd go the 954, you can usually get discount on Jacket/ Helmet if you're looking to upgrade.

Go have a chat to the dealer and see what you can negotiate, then compare it to the 929 private sale. Also bear in mind how much it's gonna cost to check out the new bike and factor that into the purchase price.

Good luck

Comment

Re: 01 fireblade question

Just a quick question, I'm looking at an 01 fireblade with only 3000 ks on it, could this be a bad thing in any way with so little k's?
                      Especially in terms of water sitting in the motor not moving at all?
                      Who would you guys reccomend do a check on it?
                      Cheers for any help.
                      Hmmmmmmmm
                      I'd check everything first and make sure its all legit...
                      Maybe the speedo has been disconnected or maybe it has been crashed and they got a second hand speedo with less k's..
                      Its been done before.

If none of the above, tehn I'd say go for it!!

Great bike to ride and not much goes wrong with them as long as u keep up the servicing..
                      I've done just over 53,000 on mine and still going strong
                      * ONE DOES NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF FREEDOM TILL THEY RIDE ! *

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">HAVE I MENTIONED I GOT TO HUG ROSSI????</span>

Comment

That 954 is nice, but a bit out of my budget...shame too.
                        Have also found out now that it is unregistered, any idea of how much it is to register? I don't think getting it over the pits should be an issue.
                        Also, would you have to get a permit to ride it down there, or does it have to be trailered?

Should be going to check it out this sat morning if my hangover isn't too bad.

Comment

Going over the pits should be a breeze.I had a 929 erion for ages and it went strong.Just ask the psb boys.Great bike for all the tricks.and comfy too.If your keen in the future i have parts for sale etc like tinted screen and carbon fibre bits.Oviously i sold mine a few months back.Yep i do miss him.
                          "one wheel is far better than two"

Comment

Ring the DPI (Dept of Planning & Infrastructure) and you can pay for the permit over the phone.

You can then legally ride the bike to the pits to have it assessed and registered.

Permit inspection is roughly $60, then you will need to pay stamp duty and licencing. Licencing will be roughly $250 and stamp duty is dependant upon what you write the purchase/market value down for.

Used to be $3 in every $100 of value but I think it has gone up a little.

Comment

Used to be $3 in every $100 of value but I think it has gone up a little.
                              that's right, it used to be 3% of market value - now its on a scale... the more you vehicle is worth, the more stamp duty you pay, of course.
                              Loud Pipes Save Lives

Comment

Working...
                              X