Here is a thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a thought

With the weather clearing up and all I gots to thinking perhaps we should have a "Perth Extreme Social Club" type of thing.

Some ppls to organise ride days/weekends, ride & camp trips, bbqs and the like.

Anyone else interested in having these types of functions?

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Yeah, I'd be in for some weekends away, trips down south hackin up the roads down there again.

Comment

sounds good.

Parachuting, Paintballing, pistol shooting........ hookers.....cads mum

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

yeh awesome idea ... now we get to really meet CAD's mum

Comment

sounds like a great idea.....

and now u've just said it deej i just relised im meant to be paintballing today ....

aarrghhhh shite
          Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Well wot I can do is set up a Usergroup which is the social club pages thingy. We just need a social club organiser. Sugestions?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

i can help out if ya want deej ..
              Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Someone resposible and reliable..... counts me out

Just put it out to the ppl and they can choose to organise somehting as whenevea they want ??

Comment

Social Club

Deej,

Social Club Group Organisation can be a complete nightmare.

Events are advertised, calls/quotes arranged, bookings confirmed and then

attendance... or should i say failure to attend, can leave some people a lot out of pocket.

if pe forum riders group can show committment in attending arranged functions etc then i'm interested iin putting in the required effort to help arrange and organise some social events.

Madmax raises his right arm.

Let me know.

Comment

Sorry Firestorm but "social club" sounds a bit gay though doesn't it? Would need a different name don't you think?

...Makes me think of a heap of grannies riding around selling scones and creams and singing about the Rivers of Babylon or some shit around a camp fire.

My 2 c worth (damn cpi).
                    222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

You know, to be honest, i just like the idea of someone posting an event and have peeps just rockin up. No hassles, no stress, no commitment. If it's a bigger thing like a track day well it comes down to everyone putting their hand up and then actually rocking up.

Social club sounds like a bingo night kinda thing, I'll pass on that notion!

Comment

Whats in a word

For fuck sake...

Like I said in the last post a "Social Club" can be a complete nightmare.

Obviously for a few forum readers a "Social Club" is just too hard.

Nice thought though Firestorm.

The word "Social Club" is just that, a word. Don't get hung up on what it sounds like, the ideas Firestorm and others have in mind is a great idea.

Its the concept that Firestorm has brought up, not what your going to call it.

Is the concept viewed positively or negatively?

If not then Deej maybe then you should only worry about and invite a select few that can be relied upon to turn up etc when events are nominated.

I mean it doesn't really matter with ride days as you can just say we are meeting time place etc and whoever turns up, turns up. But when deposits etc need to be paid for organised events (paintball) you really do need some commitment from participants.

More the fun for those that can be bothered in putting in the effort.

Big it up Firestorm.

Comment

All valid points guys but I think Campo and Madmax are right. Its all a bit difficult.

As it stands the system is good. Anyne got something on, wack it on the forum and those who wana go, go.

If there is an organised event which requires confirmed numbers, deposits or forward organisation...... then I guess the person who comes up with the event and puts it together has to administer it and get the deposits as required.

What I will do is move the WANA RIDE topic a bit closer to the top and rename it to EVENTS so it aint just Ride stuff. Maybe more use can be made of that.

I will also try to work out a better option with the Usergroup function so that those people who are a member of the usergroup can be kept in the loop via email for this sorta stuff.

Comment

I used the "social club" phrase for lack of the capacity to think of another name (perhaps the alcohol consumed before hand had comething to do with that).

But its the general idea i was going for. I agree they can be a nightmare to run but i have found in the past its easier to have a select group of people to run these sorts of things with others welcome to input ideas.

I know from past experience with organising paintball days that everyone is for it untill you need to collect the deposits. Mainly because its hard to trust somone u havn't met with ur hard earned moolah. If its the same few ppls u deal with all the time its alot easier.

Ride days and the like are obviously easier as they are. Post and show up by anyone.

I don't have a problem running a said group of ppls i have done it before and i've found that if everyone has a great time then its well worth the effort and bullshit u gota put in to get the event happening.

Respose to the post has been wikid seems like everyone is up for some action...

I'm the noob you all pwn!

Comment

BINGO! I WIN AGAIN!!

Social club is too much commitment for me like everyone else. I think part of the reason most people get a bike is because it is great fun and you have shitloads of freedom and no commitments, however, some big events as Deej has stated like skydiving, bungeeeeee, paintballing and the likes would be great.. although going up against a man who is used to shooting a gun and is good at is is not

It will be much better to arrange these events later on when the weather is good (and when I have my licence back)

Just my thoughts
                              Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Working...
                              X