Speed Camera's 2 Cars in Photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Camera's 2 Cars in Photo

Doh, got allegedly busted on the Freeway by a speed camera, so when I got the fine it clearly shows 2 cars in the photo. I remember the incident and both cars were pretty well side by side. My guess is if that is the case how do they proove who was speeding.

Anyone come up against this.

On ya's

Mr Nugget

I just had a ticket like this but the car in mine was too far back so i paid it. they have to measure it or something, if it is too close then you shouldnt get the fine.

Comment

Take it in to the east perth cop shop (the one at the top of the hill near the WACA) and see what they say, they might bin it on the spot. Or, they might not but it pays to ask the question.

Comment

Read this, scroll down to the bottom to the part titled "Speed Camera Laws & You":
        Speed Cameras - Speed Camera News & Information Police Speed Camera Locations

Talks about someone refuting a fine which had 2 cars in the same pic. Bit old, but it's a start if ur lookin to fight the fine

Comment

Originally posted by blackxx11 View Post
          if that is the case how do they proove who was speeding.
          implying that only 1 was speeding? My bet is an infringement notice was sent to both.

Comment

Fight it. They most likely sent the fine to both parties. If 2 cars are in the photo & both are in the trigger zone they can't prove who it is

Comment

I was under the impression that it takes two photos in rapid succession and the car that has traveled the most distance is the one that gets fined.

Or maybe that's just over east. Or maybe I'm making the whole thing up.

More likely they've sent the fine to both cars if both license plates are visible.
              Two fines from one snap, what a bargain.

Edit: Damn, beaten twice already. I was reading the camera website ok...
              CitizenD: Scooters are the chihuahuas of the road.
              nipPlesticker: I did have an overwhelming urge to kick it.

Comment

Originally posted by mystery View Post
                Take it in to the east perth cop shop (the one at the top of the hill near the WACA) and see what they say, they might bin it on the spot. Or, they might not but it pays to ask the question.

Cops arent actually allowed to 'bin' anything once its been written. Its gotto go through an appeal which usually means court. i know from experience.

As for the side by side. You should be able to get away with it. Ive always been told that there should only be one car in the picture.
                "So are you pre-op or post-op?"

Comment

sambo88 they told you fibs.Go to plain street Perth the old girl school. Thats where the multinova section is. Once they realize there is two cars in the photo they will bin it. The camera only takes one shot so there is no possible way of determining which vehicle is speeding.
                  If you are not growing you must be dead

Formally known as Markvk

Comment

^^is that part of the cop shop or is it run by the dpi? coz im pretty sure if u take to the coppas they cant do crap.

Comment

Im pretty sure you're wrong
                      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

now i wanna find out for sure....

Comment

you can get fines binned you just have to do the right thing
                          eg look at my pic, it didnt cost a cent

Comment

I gather that they put some sort of template over the photo, and depending upon the location of the two cars, they will determine who was speeding....and I also recall that they stated that if there were two cars in the photo, they wouldn't issue a fine as it would be too hard to prove. Source was some PR guff I saw from the cops about 10 years ago .... it MAY have changed though.

I guess that $$'s are more important than safety (and justice)
                            Dead Man's Hand
                            Internationational Porter Protection Group
                            Just call me Pat

Comment

My son had this same situation and he went into the Multanova section and asked to see the photo. It seems the cop pointed out that there was an indicator in the photo as to which vehicle was the cause of the photo being taken. He (my boy) pointed out that the indicator wasn't really framing his car properly and the cop agreed. The fine was withdrawn on the spot. Just as well as he only had one point left. Truth is, he probably WAS speeding (11 points lost already was an indicator to me) but it couldn't be proven so he got off. I'd say go and look at the photo to see if you can fight it or get it binned.
                              You shake and smack the ketchup bottle, none will come and then a lot'll.

--------------------------------------------

Perth Graphics Centre - Ventureshield authorised installers.

www.pgc.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X