Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First scratch is the worst!

Hey guys,
    I think I take out [email protected] head of the week, as this morning whilst wheeling out R1 backwards I neglected to remove the disc lock and snapped a fair piece off the front mudgaurd. Only just clicked over 600km's(cry's unconsoulably). Better than last time though, I took off forwards in perth on CBR600 and gave it a hand full(also with disc lock firmly in place) and snapped off whole brake caliper. Oh and looked pretty proffesional doing it too(not!). Any how first one's the worst and when I have $200.00 I may replace it.
    Slim.
    P.S. Remember to remove your disc lock! :cry: :cry:

Damn Slim thats just plain nasty.

How many times have I heard a similar story.

A similar thing happend to me on my scooter. Went to push it off the centre stand, stoped short of comming off, realised that I still had the thing bolted to the wall with a front wheel lock, stepped off the bike to undo the lock, only to watch the thing fall on to its side. It had come off the stand afterall!

Cost a grand to respray it. Thats 25% of what the damn thing is worth!!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

Always used to see a few bikes in the city, parked with fluro yellow cables from the disc lock to the grips, just so the owner wouldn't forget it.

slim: Enough of the R1, where're the pics of the Duke?

Comment

hey slim....for future reference.... put a little tiny sticker on your tree...near the keyhole "Disc lock Engaged" just to make ya aware...i had one on my YZF....very handy!

Comment

Hey,
          Firstly, had sticker on first bike and well.....didn't really help. Have seen those jet ski cables and am going to invest in one, great idea.
          Also to the ducati, tried to do the thingy with the thingy and couldn't but more than welcome to have a look in person, or might bring it to next ride, although trying to keep the km's down as I am trying to sell it. Will keep persisting with photo's though.
          Slim.
          (Still crying!)

Comment

Have seen those jet ski cables and am going to invest in one, great idea.
            Check out the 7th post on this thread http://www.perthextreme.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=209 . Thats whay I used and it seems a pretty secure system.

Failing that, there is always Fabrique De Armi Pietro Beretta.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

mmm disk locks, been there done that....twice, once with a chick on the back, nearly flew as far as Firestorm when he came off and the last time in front of my dad...real embarressing!!

Solution...Sonar bike alarm.

Comment

I have a cheap as chips pet lead which threads through the disc lock and up onto the RH hand grip and over the brake lever. You can even get fluro ones...and i know this great vet...

Comment

Yea, ive done a similar thing ... went to take off ... BANG ... whoops .. there goes the front right disc ... man, those things cost a packet! Dont try and ride with a warped/bent front disc brake ... feel like a choc shake after the end of a serious brake grab ... not good ... nooott goood.

Comment

I have heard a similar thing to the fluro cable to the handle bars, but rather than going to the handle bars, it is connected to a bummy key that goes into yr ignition. So this way you have to take it out to get key and start your bike, that way you are sure to remember.

Comment

Yeah done the disc lock thing pulling bike backwards, yeah took a big chunk outta my $290 front wheel fairing, but luckily that wasnt the first scratch. I decided to get the first scratch outta the way early so when I brought my bike home from the dealership I decided to let it fall on its side in the driveway
                      Red meat isn't bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Comment

Yeah the fluro spiral cable which goes through the disc lock onto your bars is a good reminder, only $5.00 - $7.00 ish from memory?
                        Definately worth it!

Comment

Or, you can do the really smart thing like me and not have a disc lock!.. that's right people, for only $9.99 you too can never worry about having a disc lock on your bike, but make it easy for criminals to steal your bike. Order now while stocks last! Damn I gotta get me a lock :
                          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

dumbass with a disc lock story

I think i can take the cake for "the dumbass with a disc lock" story.

Went to pub in northbridge when i first got my blade, made sure she was all shiny and bewdiful first and parked her right at the door, had a few beers then hopped on her to leave with everyone in the pub admiring me for my obvious coolness and took off with the disc lock on and dropped it with maybe 40 people pissing themselves laughing at me..... :oops:

All i can say in my defence is at least i had my helmet on so no one could see my face....

i hate the fuckers....
                            Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

This happens t me every time i show a chick my bike!
                              so busy trying to get some forget about the lock then almost drop the bike when i try to take off!

my disk lock is plastic coated and i find this to be a bit more for- giving

but yes those lead things look like a good idea....

maybe if i get one of them ill pull a girl one day :cry:
                              Love
                              Nick :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X