Bit of help with value-for-money equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of help with value-for-money equipment

Hi guys, I'm off to the GP next month wooohooo!! Aaand, since I'm riding in my old man's jacket from his h.arley days 20 years ago and $14.50 shoes from kmart, I'm looking at buying some stuff while I'm at phillip island. Apparently stuff is cheaper there.

I like the look of the Dainese jackets and boots, but are they overpriced? I mean I find it hard to tell the difference (wind/comfort) between the HJC cl12 and last year's shoei helmet, and there's a significant price difference there.

Some feedback on how you're finding your g-st.. I mean gear (jackets/boots) would be great!

CAD: how's your new shoes going?
    mmmmm sacrilicious

Dainese Jackets are the Bee's Knees of leathers.

You get what you pay for and are worth every cent.

Have you tried pricing a jacket up locally cos you may find the Island will not be much cheaper.

If you live South of River - Go see Pete or Alan at Causeway Honda, tell them Perth Extreme sent you.

If you live North of river - Go see gary at Northside Kawasaki, tell them Perth Extreme sent you.

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

I agree u get what u pay for, and when u think about it, if u ride a lot then its worth spending the money to get something u like and want to be seen in, not to mention comfortable!

Well thats my two cents.

Comment

dainese as opposed to alpinestar ?? any particular reasons ?? both seem to be comparrable products .. in leather thickness, construction and armour..... (price does vary a bit )

just curious ...
        Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Ta deej

gpxgal, yeah I'm inclined to take that belief too these days
          mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

I forgot to mention, go the Oxtar for boots.

1) They feel reeeeeeal nice on.

2) They offer awsome protection.

3) They have a gortex inner lining.

3) They sponsor Perth Extreme dahh!

These can be obtained from Causeway Honda... Tell them.... oh you know the drill!

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

Comment

dainese as opposed to alpinestar ?? any particular reasons ?? both seem to be comparrable products .. in leather thickness, construction and armour..... (price does vary a bit )  

just curious ...
              Don't remeber looking at alpinestar stuff, looked at Spyke and Tiger Angel (and the cheaper jackets). Was sold on the Dainese for comfort, the cool summer lining and the warm removable winter lining.

Comment

how much gear are u looking at ??

gloves aswell ??

i got some SMX boots .. im just wearing in ... they seem realy good ... not too expensive either .. and i know they hold up in a accident as firstorm was wearing a pair when he came off... sorry dude ..

as for a jacket ... i agree with deej ... u cant go past a leather jacket really...

Comment

just curious ...
                  Don't remeber looking at alpinestar stuff, looked at Spyke and Tiger Angel (and the cheaper jackets). Was sold on the Dainese for comfort, the cool summer lining and the warm removable winter lining.
                  i looked at all of the leathers on offer and settled on the alpinestar one ..

for me it was more comfortable ..( i think they are cut slightly bigger thru the shoulders).. yup it has all that gear .. removable liner. additional armour pockets... internal zips for conecting pants .. blah blah blah ..

just personal pref ..

Comment

Coolies!

Personal pref, definately.

Hehe.. just be glad ur not a chick trying to find a pair of race style boots that fit. They don't make a 39 damnit!!

Comment

Yeah I guess I'll have to lash out for the jacket hey. Hewie, I'm just after boots and jacket, oh and draggins (but they're straight forward).

I've got a pair of alpinestar sp2's, they're nice and comfy. Good for punching someone in the nose too with those carbon-fire-lookalike do-whackey's on the knuckles
                      mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

Hehe.. just be glad ur not a chick trying to find a pair of race style boots that fit. They don't make a 39 damnit!!
                        :oops: Doh, just found some.. Alpine Stars, Oxtar ... bugger. :oops:

Comment

have a look at the alpinestars gear aswell .. its good..

V or dyno are quite good ..

www.alpinestar.com (i think)

Comment

I'll vouch for the Alpinestar SMX-plus and V4 leather.
                            I came off my bike and hit armcor rail on the freeway exit, luck i was wearing the 2 piece v4, and the boots, only bruised ribs and very sore body.
                            all the metal shock absorbers and sliders on the boots were mangled after that, had to use a hammer to bash it out afterwards (btw,these parts are all replaceable). just shows how effective they are. also proven by firestorm

this is just my experience, i'm sure other respectable brands will do the job too.

Comment

well my shoes have holes in the tops and in the bottom of them.. I really need a new pair. But the jacket that I wear is a Rivet and I must say I love it.. great for summer with removable lining as most have, zips at front and back for air flow to make it cooler and when you come off.. it protects you very well as I can vouch for
                              Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Working...
                              X