anyone want a bargain 1098R TB rep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone want a bargain 1098R TB rep?

heaps of flood damaged bikes including a 1098R Troy Bayliss bike going to auction in Qld.
    ManheimFowles | Storm Affected Vehicle Auction - Brisbane

Hmmm some nice gear in there.

Comment

I've always wondered, how do you get the auctioner's estimates? Maybe I'm just dreaming of getting something good for cheap, but it'd still be great to find out what these items are going for.

Anyone?

Comment

Whats actually wrong with them? Apart from having some water in the interior etc most of them state there drivable.... so obviously the wiring harness etc has shorted out.
        RIP ADRIAN LEE
        16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
        I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by ashmo View Post
          Whats actually wrong with them? Apart from having some water in the interior etc most of them state there drivable.... so obviously the wiring harness etc has shorted out.
          They have been under water so there will be water in 1 of the cylinders, in the crankcases (bearings oil pump) wheel bearings, possibly through the brake systems & through the wiring loom which could effect all the associated electronics, ecu sensors etc. All high dollar items. I don't know what they mean by drivable. If itdoesn't start it's not drivable.

Comment

did a ducati dealership get flooded?

Comment

The Ducati dealer in Coffs Harbour

Comment

looks like it :-)

Comment

So by the time you buy one of those bikes, repair it, send it over here - is it actually cheaper and if so is it actually worth it?

Comment

The drivable ones are, believe it or not, drivable They start, run and actually go The Troy bayliss edition will be ridden onto the auction lane. I plan on bidding for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Logos View Post
                      So by the time you buy one of those bikes, repair it, send it over here - is it actually cheaper and if so is it actually worth it?
                      I have a peice of string, how long is it?

Comment

Get ready to pay thru the nose for that Bayliss rep!
                        Damo

Comment

Most drowned vehicles end up being statutory write offs. Which means they can never ever be registered again and are only good for parts or the track. Buyer beware.

Comment

Most state that they are repairable write offs, not statutory, so can be registered (once they start!).

Might send the guys from LAE around to take a look for me

Comment

Originally posted by DRKSIDE View Post
                              Get ready to pay thru the nose for that Bayliss rep!
                              What is normal retail on this (cant be bothered doing the search)

Comment

Working...
                              X