No announcement yet.

anyone want a bargain 1098R TB rep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the electronics (traction control and all the other fancy bits) are dead on the thing?

I know it isn't the same but I have dropped my phone while it was switched off in a pool, I opened it and let it dry for a couple of days and then I switched on and it worked.

So maybe as long as the thing gets dried properly it should go?

Comment

^^ Except you can't switch off the battery while the bike goes underwater. Wouldn't surprise me if the water just shorted the electrics and formed a circuit which blew it.

Comment

Owww, Didn't think of that. But if the ignition wasn't on there shouldn't be a circuit connecting to the ECU and all the other things?

Comment

What about say that Monster 1100? It's a simple air cooled motor (I think) So I would imagine not much mechnically could go wrong (again, assumption) What about the electronics side, I'm sure it's a lot more simple to play with then a more advanced model.

Or what about one of those GSX-R's, any parts damaged beyond repair (Ie electronics) would it be easy to source another ECU from a wrecked model?

Comment

It will depend on how much water they ended up sitting in ie .5m 1m 3m the TB might on been on a display stand and sat a bit higher than everything else. But if the bike starts and runs it suggest that the ECU is probally ok, You would have to change all the bearings, head steam, swing arm wheel etc etc. From memory the newer ECU's aren't a empty box with a board but a potted epoxy block with a heatsink this would protect the electronics from any water damage the problem would be any spikes as the ignition switch shorted but again modern ECU's are pretty well protected and the fact it works suggests its OK. The problem you may run into with ECU's is if Ducati has gone to a chipped key system similar to the honda HISS then you'll be up for another ECU, although if you picked the bike up for the right money this may be viable. The other way is to get a progammable race ECU from one of the various afermarket suppliers and fit that up cost you a few hour in dyno time.

The question that would bug me is what as been done to the bikes after they were recoverd, oils drained? new oil in especailly the bore and circulated to prevent corrsoin if it anything like the average auction house that take a time to get these things through and in the case of flood damage the bike may well be worse by the time they come up for sale than when it was dragged out of the water, you pay your money you take your chances.

TB replica was about $1500 more than a standard 1098R which was 48 ish
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...n-jobby-82965/

Comment

The TB limited edition bikes retail for $67k (courtesy Fraser motorcycles).

Comment

$61,990 + orc.
                  Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Ugliest rep paint scheme ever....

Comment

Yes, I agree with that - it's fairly average. Should have done it in Xerox colours with Bayliss's racing number IMO.
                      Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

I spoke to the guys in Queensland today and there has been lots of interest in this auction so they arent even going as they expect the prices to be quite high

Comment

Working...
                        X