Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need video camera for the weekend - who's game enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need video camera for the weekend - who's game enough?

Is there any chance again to borrow a camera for the weekend?? We want to take one on Saturday. So far we might be able to borrow Calvins camera again and I'll probably have it strapped to my bike facing back. Now I'll be going easy cause I want to get everyone on camera, that way I can make another video up of the run and post it here.

Oh, by the way, I've finished the video from Saturdays trackday and that should be online tonight.

So we want more than one camera, that way I can cut bits up and add them in and make individual litte clips of everyone.

So who else can we borrow a camera off? Anyone?

Can't help you with the video camera, but I'll definitely bring the digital stills camera down on Saturday...

Gotta make sure we have the right leads, blank tapes and charged batteries this time Campo!

Comment

Nah, it's cool, I'm not going to use the spy cam so we'll just use the cameras like Calvin did on the weekend at Wanneroo.

Comment

Ahh okay, no worries. There's a place.. erm.. somewhere (!) in Perth that rents out MiniDV cameras, they'd be perfect for the application. I just can't remember where!

Will look through my bookmarks, I'm more than happy to pick one up for the weekend.

Comment

Found it, they have a few toys:

Sony DSR PD150 DVCam
          Sony VX1000E MiniDV
          Sony DCRTRV18 MiniDV

I'm sure they'd love to know I'm strapping it to the front/back of a motorcycle!

Comment

Found it, they have a few toys:

Sony DSR PD150 DVCam
            Sony VX1000E MiniDV
            Sony DCRTRV18 MiniDV

I'm sure they'd love to know I'm strapping it to the front/back of a motorcycle!
            Where are they? Contact numbers and maybe prices to. Plus, what they don't know won't hurt them....

Comment

They're in Leederville.. the PD150 is too big and too pro for what we want, so it's either the VX1000E ($100/day) or TRV18 ($40/day). The VX1000E is quite bulky, possibly too big for tank-mount duties.. though I can get a spy camera for either (with the right cabling!) and a mike as well

Whaddya reckon, you want tank-mount or spy-cam?

Comment

Tank cam and rear cowle cam.

Comment

So who's got a(nother) camera we can borrow?

I'm more than happy to hire one...

Comment

Calvin's bringing his but like I said, the more the merrier!

Comment

No worries mate! I'll grab the TRV18 then. Do you want me to try to get a spy-cam as well, so we can get some mad helmet-cam action? Or even, if we get a long cable, attach it to the front mud-guard or something whacky!

Comment

Sure, everything will be cool mate, grab it if you can.

Comment

what are you guys going to use to attach the cameras to the bikes?
                          Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

what are you guys going to use to attach the cameras to the bikes?
                            Bandaids and chewing gum

Comment

har har
                              nah, serious.. cause I've thought about doing it myself
                              Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Working...
                              X