No announcement yet.

Electric Motorcycles (Isle of Man TT).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Motorcycles (Isle of Man TT).

There was a special 'zero emission' TT at the Isle of Man.

eGrandPrix - The Zero Carbon, Zero Emission Grand Prix

These bikes aren't slow. I guess they are like 125's? can do 100 mph.

The technology can only get better.

Probably a lot less maintenence than an internal combusion driven bike, probably cheaper. No gearbox. No starter. No oil to leak etc.

I wonder what their future is?

Obviously they don't sound very good? I guess the sound of a motorbike is something primal which is why we enjoy it?

"Douse me in choclate and throw me to the lesbians!"

Just watched it on youtube and its not the same without that sound of the bike screaming at high speeds. I hope bikes don't go electric.

Comment

Originally posted by simon27 View Post
      Just watched it on youtube and its not the same without that sound of the bike screaming at high speeds. I hope bikes don't go electric.
      I read somewhere that some new electric cars in the US can simulate an engine noise though the stereo.

Seems retarded but otoh you can make your electric car sound like muscle car...your electric bike like an R1 with illegal pipes or a V-Max.
      "Douse me in choclate and throw me to the lesbians!"

Comment

Never underestimate an electric motorcycle.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o15EALghp0]YouTube - Electric Motorcycle Crash[/ame]

Comment

I do think the electric bikes are quick but they are not a real bike they are more of a toy i think. But i could be wrong .

Comment

Originally posted by simon27 View Post
            I do think the electric bikes are quick but they are not a real bike they are more of a toy i think. But i could be wrong .
            You sound like a guy talking about Jap bikes in the 70's.

They will get there, sooner than you think
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

electric bikes..pfft...as long as it looks like a bike and peeps still frown and shake thier
              heads and fists when i ride past ..its all good..LOL

wonder what the licencing classes would be..
              RE any bike 250 watts or less but not to exceed the power of a Dison cyclonic
              R any bike upto but not exceeding 15 amps....at 60hz...

Comment

they just dont seem to be going quite as fast as when you can hear the engine screaming away

Comment

The new breeds of electric bikes are looking very promising...

hopefully we will start to see some decent sports oriented electric-bikes taking a share of the market in the next 5 years...

the power delivery and response, as well as the way the bike winds out would be really cool... really just need to improve battery storage and cost and I think quite a few people would seriously contemplate buying one...

Comment

They're too quiet. We were at Parliament Square when they zoomed past, and you couldn't hear them coming.

Very off-putting for me
                    Originally posted by vk6hgr
                    My Hyosung couldn't do that speed if it was dropped in from orbit.

Comment

I think 100% of torque at 0rpm is great for quick starts.
                      You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by Uisce View Post
                        Never underestimate an electric motorcycle.
                        And he's going on about drag racing being a very dangerous sport as a person got killed doing it. Then he proceeds to demonstrate how to do it. Reminds me of that video of the DEA cop in the school classroom who, after telling everyone he's fully qualified to handle a gun blah blah blah he shoots himself in the foot. Drongos. LOL
                        Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
                          I think 100% of torque at 0rpm is great for quick starts.
                          A 2 wheel drive system will come in handy.

Comment

Originally posted by randomman View Post
                            A 2 wheel drive system will come in handy.
                            kind of pointless when the front end isn't weighted or even on the ground

Comment

Originally posted by -Stevo- View Post
                              kind of pointless when the front end isn't weighted or even on the ground

That's why you take 50% power off the rear wheel so it remains in contact with the ground. And just put it to the front.

Comment

Working...
                              X